New Unit: Airship

embryodead

Caliph
Nothing fancy, as I couldn't do much with the model, but it has animations to work like Civ3 helicopter, and it does so in Warhammer Mod 2.0 :)

All icons included + wonder splash and alternative pediaicons to use for unit or advance. 3D Model by PoseWorks.

Download:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/airship.zip

Attachments

• airship.jpg.jpeg
    airship.jpg.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 5,974
Is this the goblin blimp from the same site as the wyvern model was from?

Looks good. I have to withdraw my comment on the civ colored balloon being too strong an element. It's not really and my suggestion of using the 'fins' for civ color was definitely worse. :)

Adding a "transport helicopter -unit" to a mod is always a little depressing as often neither player or the AI uses it. I could fit this in MoM somewhere, but I'll have to think on it a bit first.

It looks really good. It fits really well into my personal half-fantasy mod. So, good job there.

I wish there was any possibility to see a winged version, too, but I understand how hard it is.

Yes, it's the PoseWorks goblin blimp. I was experimenting with civ colours, and coloured balloon seemed to give the best effect.

As for the helicopter issue - not true! (at least not for the human player). In epic game, helicopters are of little use, because when they become available, you already have whole continents filled with railroads, cities with airports etc. But air transport can be extremely useful. Have you played BeBro's X-COM mod? Helis equivalents are key to victory there, the environment forces you to use them.. In WH-Mod it's a dwarven unit, allowing not only dropping normally slow dwarven units up to 10 squares away, but also transporting units between distant cities ie. those under attack (remember it has re-base ability). Sending reinforcements with movement of 1 from core cities to front line normally take several turns...

Nice,I'll be able to use this. :thumbsup:
Now if only someone could make a pterodactyl/winged lizard with a rider so the bad guys have something too... :hmm:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: This is going right into my mod. It is wonderful for the less civilized civs in my mod.

Originally posted by embryodead
As for the helicopter issue - not true! (at least not for the human player). In epic game, helicopters are of little use, because when they become available, you already have whole continents filled with railroads, cities with airports etc. But air transport can be extremely useful. Have you played BeBro's X-COM mod? Helis equivalents are key to victory there, the environment forces you to use them..

Playing X-COM -mod is one of those many things that I've been meaning to do, but haven't got myself to it yet.

In WH-Mod it's a dwarven unit, allowing not only dropping normally slow dwarven units up to 10 squares away, but also transporting units between distant cities ie. those under attack (remember it has re-base ability). Sending reinforcements with movement of 1 from core cities to front line normally take several turns...

Ok. I guess my opinion was based too much on the epic game. That sounds definitely useful. :) Is 10 squares a bit overkill though? How many units will it carry?

Maybe I could work out a place for this in MoM. :)

It can carry 1 unit only. It has range of 10, since griffons and such have practical range of 9. The airship can re-base to any city on the map, so I consider it a bit "faster" than griffons and other flying beasts, (faster meaning being able to fly long distances). If it turns too powerful in the beta, I'll obviously lower it.

Nothing fancy, as I couldn't do much with the model

Don't be so modest.:) It's a fantastic unit.:goodjob:

Nothing fancy, as I couldn't do much with the model...
Except to remove the wings... :(

;) :p

Now I have to do one with wings... :lol:

Top Bottom