• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Cone2-Rebuild the Roman empire. Middle ages conquest.

conehead234

Braves on the Warpath
We are the Byzantines. After the western Roman empire fell and we lost our lands in egypt and the mideast. Our thrist for conquest grew. Our new goal is to reconquer all of our lost lands. That means that we have to take the rest of Turkey, Palestine, modern day Iraq, Egypt, Italy, Spain, North Africia, southern germany, most of South east europe, France, and most of England. Who is with me. Our first goal will be to march into Rome victorious and reclaim Italy.

Middle ages conquest.
civ: Byzantines
Diff: emperor
Patch: 1.15
I edited the map so Domination is 60% land/60% pop and victory points are 60000.

24 hours got it, 48 to play. Time to play will be extended as we get further into the game.

Roster:
Conehead
mitsho
Cuivienen
Open Spot

First person plays 20, the rest 10.

If go to this link. Roman Empire at it's height This is what we basicly have to conquer.

Rules taken from LK except false peace treaties. We are the Romans we never sign peace. We declare any time we want.

Originally posted by LKendter
The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Rape - if you have to ask...

RoP Abuse that includes things such as irrigating all tiles with a city building wonders, denying resources with a RoP, putting a unit to block a land bridge, etc.

Scout resource denial - parking a scout on a resource, as the AI won't ask scouts to leave. The same scenario also applies to workers.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

Resources disconnect / connect exploit - I consider most resource tactics fine. Delaying to hook a resource, trading it away etc is fine. The exploit is to do this every turn. Build a stack of horses, connect saltpeter, upgrade to cavalry, and disconnect.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.
2) No worker purchases during the first 50 turns to avoid civ crippling.
3) Declaring war / demanding leave solely for the purpose of getting out of trade deals.
4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.
5) Our trading reputation is golden - please respect it.
6) Complete your turn. It is frustrating to get a 1/2 completed turn.

I don't have the time to play this, but I would like to give a helpful tip -- attack the Abbasids IMMEDIATELY before they start to become a threat.

i edited the map so we need 40%land and 40% pop for domination and 60000 victory points. I think this will be enough to accomplish the goal.

After looking at other Middle Ages SGs. I believe that we will need a 60% land and 60% pop domination limit in order to accomplish the goal.

Hm, the one thing I don't understand is how exactly you're planning to win this? The changes to Domination look fine, but IMHO 40k VPs would be the way to go.You won't make that any VPs if you concentrate on eliminating Civs like the Fatimids instead of taking city by city - and Dromon stacks will állow to easily capture any coastal city.

In general, I would be interested in a Demigod game; however, I've already patched to 1.22, and don't feel like staying in 1.15.

I have not choose the final number for victory points. But I want to win by domination. I think that the biggest problem will be running into the timelimit as there is alot to conquer.
Also the problem with not taking city by city is that we have to resettle all of the land and that won't be good for the military campanion because we have to finish by the time limit.

I would be in, if the difficulty wouldn't be too high for me. Demigod, no sorry. But emperor is fine... :) Keep the victory point that high (60 000) is ok, I think.

mfG mitsho

Welcome aboard. I was going to have the difficulty on emperor anyway.

:lol: This was actually my first SG, except on Monarch level. One of the variant choices of mine was to reconquer Byzantine lands, but retaking Rome isn't bad either :D

Put me on the list, I'm ready to do this again!

Welcome aboard. This one is not only conquering Rome but all of the lands on the map I linked to.

That's what I mean by Rome, like the whole empire, not just Italy :lol:

Anyways, what are the rules (besides conquering old Rome), like how many hours to say "got it" and how many hours to play... plus I take it we use LK/RBCiv Rules too?

The first post modified for rules. I will try to post a starting strategy later maybe I will get it up tomorrow. I have a research paper to do.

Ok we have alot to conquer and little time to do it. First thing I see is that we need workers. We cannot have a strong economy and production base without the land improved. Forest give 2 food and 2 shields so don't cut them down. We have silks, wines, wool, and dyes so lux are not a problem. We need to sieze some tar to build our Dromons with the ability to transport 4 units at once I believe that we will be using them alot to get around the Mediterranean. We will need to settle in Turkey and the Balkens then gear up for war. I think our first target should be the Abbasids. Red dots on the map are possible cities.

Remember this game is patch 1.15

Here is the save if you guys want to look at it.

SAVE

Just a thought I'm bringing from my first SG (replica of this) and I ask that you take notice of Nicaea. If that city grows even to size six, it will take away vast amounts of resources from Constantinople and Adrianople. I suggest this be our worker city for many MANY turns. Also, get ahold of iron (NE of map) ASAP, a good sword army (no need for cataphracts yet) can and WILL wipe out Bulgars if we are effective in our worker jobs and tech deals. Just my two cents, don't plan to provide anymore incite until game begins :)

Yeah, I played too in the game with cizzlewalk a nd he is right. this are our priorities:
-get the iron
-get workers, nicaea has to stay (we want dromons in the black sea)
-get some swords (constantinople!) and blow the hell out of the bulgars. (alternatively begin settling towards georgia (they have tar, too)
-After that we can straight invade into italy (but the tar is necessary.... ;)

mfG mitsho

Top Bottom