New units: three Anti-Aircraft Systems

BeBro

King of the Krauts
Well, I was away a (long) while from unit making, mainly because the lack of free time. Let me also apologize here to those which had made unit requests to me I promised to fullfill. I said it could need a while, but I wasn't aware it would need that long - however, I hope to create the units in question over the next time.

Generally, my amount of free time hasn't much increased, so I'm sorry to say that I'm unable to make the Falkland scenario (posted a preview for it some months ago) at the time being, and I'm unsure if I will ever do it at all. However, I had a lot of stuff ready for it, so I post all units made for this scn (quite a lot) in the next time. Maybe someone decides to make his own scn about the topic with these units.

I'll start with anti aircraft weapons, of course they are supposed to be used with C3C. There are also a lot of ships, planes and some transport helis.

In Detail:

- Swiss made Oerlikon AA gun (Flak)
- British Rapier SAM
- French/German Roland I SAM (towed version)

During the Falkland conflict the Argentines used the Oerlikon AA gun and the Roland SAM while the British deployed their Rapier systems. Those units however can also be used for a variety of other nations during cold-war times. Hope you like'em :)

Dl all three units: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/AntiAircraft.zip (ca. 1,1MB)

Animated previews follow in the next posts.

Attachments

• antiair01.jpg
    antiair01.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 6,645
Oerlikon fortify anim:

Attachments

• oerlikon_fort.gif
    oerlikon_fort.gif
    61.2 KB · Views: 6,677
Rapier attack anim:

Attachments

• rapier_att.gif
    rapier_att.gif
    50 KB · Views: 6,431
Roland death anim:

Attachments

• roland_death.gif
    roland_death.gif
    86.9 KB · Views: 6,284
Since these are all towed weapons the run anims show them towed by either a heavy truck (Oerlikon, Roland) or a Landrover (Rapier). Her's an example of the run anim for the roland SAM:

Attachments

• roland_run.gif
    roland_run.gif
    88.3 KB · Views: 6,122
Bebro is back, yeahhhh. :D

You have not unlearned your work, great as always. :goodjob:

Great units! Would you know what file I need to change to have my artillery fire show up like the cannon and battleship shots?

Intresting. Every time I think of a user who hasn't been around in a while, he suddenly shows up a couple of days later. Course the other example was not a plesant one. :( :mad: Anyways great units BeBro.

Originally posted by Halidon55
Great units! Would you know what file I need to change to have my artillery fire show up like the cannon and battleship shots?

No file. You would have to edit the animations.

However, I had a lot of stuff ready for it, so I post all units made for this scn (quite a lot) in the next time

er, how many units are we talking about here?

Thanks for the nice words everyone :)

MarineCorps:

Beside those already posted (also AA7 and Scimitar recon tank were made for this scn) I have three helis, six planes and ca. 10 ships :)

Originally posted by BeBro

MarineCorps:

Beside those already posted (also AA7 and Scimitar recon tank were made for this scn) I have three helis, six planes and ca. 10 ships :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Thats a lot of units indeed.:eek: :eek:

Fantastic as always. BeBro, I think you should give up on having a life and devote yourself to making units ;)

Originally posted by MarineCorps
Intresting. Every time I think of a user who hasn't been around in a while, he suddenly shows up a couple of days later. Course the other example was not a plesant one. :( :mad:

Who was that, then?

Originally posted by zulu9812

Who was that, then?

IamnotEmo(pt#/part#). He came back last night. His 18th DL.:rolleyes: He has been given an IP ban both here and at apyloton but he comes up with a new IP every time somehow.:rolleyes: Spammed the hell out of OT.

EDIT: Oddly enougth your the second one who asked me that. :hmm:

Top Bottom