1.18 after setting up game and starting I get automatically defeated

glssr60

Chieftain
I just installed 1.18 and when I set up the game it did its usual load lauding my civilization leader and then when done loading it immediately took me to the defeat screen. Also should note that there was no visible units on the screen, just Fog Of War.

Okay, don't know what the deal was but I verified the integrity of my game cache through steam and then deleted cache and moduserdata files and now it's working under 1.17. I am not going to attempt 1.18 until I see if anybody else has problems. It should be noted I was playing the game until 8:30 this morning without any problems. When I awoke there was v1.18 posted and after downloading and installing I experienced the problem I mentioned. Keep up the good work. Hopefully mine was an isolated incident....?

I finished another game and out of boredom I reinstalled v1.18 and it did exactly the same thing. Automatic defeat when game starts. Anybody else encounter this? Again I had to revert to v1.17 and use steam to verify and update game cache.

Thanks Txurce. Even though v1.17 was unchecked in mod setup I guess it was causing the screw up. Problem solved.

Top Bottom