Random Rants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowze Gungk

NOT a mushroom
Go on, get it off your chest.

What happend today that makes you wanna punch the daylights out of something?

Or just tell us about those everyday buggerups that really roots yer boot (pet hates).

Although this thread is meant to be an inferno, it's a therapeutic inferno, so keep your flames aimed at concepts, not other posters.

Some idiot left an open can of tuna in the fridge. I've lost my appetite for lunch. :mad:

My collegue who is a devout muslim washed himself and then put on some sweet smelling perfume (excessively I might add) IN OUR OFFICE before praying to Allah. I am now sitting in a room which smells like a bordello and can not open the window because it is -5°C and windy and I hate cold more than anything else. :mad:

A guy wants tech support NOW, because his laptop is malfunctioning. I can hear him typing stuff as I ask him details about what is wrong. He doesn't remember what the error messages said. He's increasingly abrupt with me, and while (theoretically) following my directions, there's a lot more typing than my directions warrant. He goes off and tries different stuff while I'm still talking to him.

For the love of all that is lovable, if you call me and demand my help, at least have the courtesy to actually follow my instructions and don't act annoyed that I'm asking questions about what is wrong instead of just charging in and changing things. :mad:

A gay guy felt my stomach in the restroom today.....err...a bunch of guys in my school crossdressed and worse short skirts and I was forced to see the horrible sight of their hariy legs.
I have'nt gotten drunk for a month.....
I have too much work in school and a lot of **** to wade through....

Random rant #1: When will it be ok to stop pretending Sarah Jessica Parker and Venus Williams are good looking? Williams looks like an ugly guy in drag, and Parker literally looks like a witch.

I went on a few dates with a girl that I really started to like, and then she informs me that she's had a boyfriend for 4 years, but they were on a break. Now they are back together. And she's a student of mine no less. So I presume if I fail her on any of her quizzes she will attempt to blackmail me.

Fark...

newfangle said:
I went on a few dates with a girl that I really started to like, and then she informs me that she's had a boyfriend for 4 years, but they were on a break. Now they are back together. And she's a student of mine no less. So I presume if I fail her on any of her quizzes she will attempt to blackmail me.

Fark...

Are you allowed to date students?

The kid in the dorm next door won't stop practicing his guitar (and his vocals to). If after all that practice you still sound like absolute crap you should give it a rest!

Random rant #1: When will it be ok to stop pretending Sarah Jessica Parker and Venus Williams are good looking? Williams looks like an ugly guy in drag, and Parker literally looks like a witch.

Parker has a horse face... and a gay husband to boot. I thinking Venus is either a man or trained with the China swim team.

My complaint for today; crazy lady next to me at work won't stop talking to herself.

silver 2039 said:
Are you allowed to date students?
It's not like it would be wierd or anything, Newfangle is a grad student, there's only a few years difference between him and his students. ;)

Perfection said:
It's not like it would be wierd or anything, Newfangle is a grad student, there's only a few years difference between him and his students. ;)

Ah I thought he was an old foegy(sp?) thats what automatically comes to mind when I think of teachers....

newfangle said:
As long as I don't doink any before the semester ends I don't see a problem.
I certainly hope you see the problem now. ;)

Teacher/student relationships, while not necessarily morally wrong or anything, are almost always a bad idea. A relationship where one partner has power over the other is always going to fail the smell test, even when there's no reason it should. And when such relationships go bad...trouble.

In the future, if you like any of your students, get their number, and call them up the day after they leave your class. To do otherwise is begging fate to bring the hammer down on you.

I sent out a paper for publication and the only reviewer's complain was that I have to include a reference to a japanase patent. Now I have to find the patent and somebody who can read it and translate it for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom