1512-1701 (A Unit Pack...?)

Aeon221

Lord of the Cheese Helmet
Units will be posted here as completed. They are from the scenario I am making, 1512-1701 (An Odessy!). You can see all the units that will be made there, as well as other interesting (and not so interesting) stuff about the scenario.

Since it is clearly taking a while, I figured I would post the units here to keep them safe if my computer... gets hit by... a can of... sardines... or something :rolleyes:

Anyway, here they are (/it is)!

Euro Units:

Musket and Pike
[Upgrade of Crossbow and Pike]

Zee First File!

This is a dual unit: 3 default musketmen and 3 default pikement

Stats: 14.20.1 (6.0.1) +3HP
Barges only

NOTE: Fortification by Kinboat

Knight and Pike

Number 2!

Stats: 18.12.1 +1HP
Barges only

NOTE: Fortification by Kinboat
NOTE: Generic Medieval Late Knight by Bebro

Crossbow and Pike

Third One!

Stats: 14.16.1 (4.0.1) +3HP
Barges only

NOTE: Fortification again by Kinboat (its just that hot!)
NOTE: Crossbow was created by CivGeneral from an AoK unit

Cannon and Pike

Wanna take a guess which one this is? Comes after three! ;p

Stats: 15.17.1 (15.1.2)
Barges only

NOTE: Fortification by Kinboat (altered to include two cannon)

Cuirasser and Pike
[Upgrade of Knight and Pike]

Lack of interest anyone?

Stats: 18.16.1 +1HP
Barges only

NOTE: Fortifications by Kinboat
NOTE: Steph's conversion of a Cuirasser from Cossacks
NOTE: Original made by GSC Game World Company

Masochism at work ;p

Stats: 8.15.1 +3HP

NOTE: Figuring out who the original creators were and PMing them.

I did a little investigating and I think to post a moving preview you have to convert the flc to an animated gif.

I also opened the unit in Cyber Dreyk's Civ3FLCEdit and saw that the delay seemed a little off, and that the unit had slow animations...what do you think???

They might be a bit slow, but I am really not sure how to fix that. I am trying, but its more confusing than you would think ;p

I will try and figure out this animated gif thing too, as I am quite proud of my pathetic labors haha

I sped up the Knight and Pik MU using Cyber Dreyk's utility. It makes a lot of stuff easier, I'm finding out.

How does this look to you, Aeon?

Attachments

• Knight and Pike Sped up.zip
    228 KB · Views: 184
Oh now I understand what you did! Thats easy ;p

I will fix the rest and reupload. Thanks for noticing!

PS: gonna have to wait till after lunch... stats time

Almost finished with the next installment, the Crossbow and Pike MUnit Formation. This one has a death animation I am particularly proud of (dont laugh at me you dirty pros ;p) because it is the first time I have successfully mixed four seperate graphics: pikerun, pikedie, crossbowdie, crossbow run.

Also updated the musket and pike to have faster animations... didnt even think of that before, thats why I try an surround myself with smart people (... like, I dunno... Olorin maybe ;p).

I will post that now, finish my CanP, an then post it once the other amigo is done uploading.

I kinda figured there would be a little more interest in units that allow you to really specialize the middle ages... guess I didnt count on the dislike of MUnits ;p

edit: probably the other reason is that these are not the most beautiful of units... but I did try my best! ;p

Found a .gif converter, but not sure how to make it look professionally posted... so I will holdup on that for now ;p

I have finished and posted the Cannon and Pike!

Have a look see at them

Meanwhile, I am going to bed!

Spamming my own thread ;p

Working on the Cavalry and Pike unit, which has changed to the Cuirassier and Pike unit (hopefully using one of Steph's luverly conversions ;p)

Once I finish that itll be a couple of days before I can start the next one (because this DOES get a bit repetetive haha)

Yeah good point... I guess I should check them in civ at some point... I gotta get around to that too dont I.

Bugger that, Im gonna do homework instead ;p

Another MFMUnit! This one is an oromo spearman and a chu-ko-nu archer... but I just called it an asian crossbow and spear... thats my naming skills!

Its a LOT prettier than the defaults, so I will post a preview (probably attack).

Top Bottom