C3C PBEM (Scenario) 'Christian Reconquista'

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
** GAME ROLLING **

SCENARIO
"This scenario is about the fight between Christians and Muslims in medieval Spain, also called the Crusades or the Reconquista (the reconquest as the Christians considered Muslims as invaders) between 1085 and 1492. However it also includes all the oppositions among Muslim states and among Christian states for leadership or to impose a certain approach of life and religion (fanatism or decadency and tolerance for instance)."
(Loulong introduction in the scenario thread)

SCENARIO THREAD
This is a scenario created by Loulong.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=115216

MULTIPLAYER INTRODUCTION

The muslims start with a huge Army while the Christians start with moderate Armies. However, the muslims are at war with each other, which can make life a bit easier for the Northern emerging factions, but there should still be an initial shock from the North African Arabs wanting to take control of Al-Andalus.

Time is clearly on the Christian side as they have a far better range of technology which will allow them to build much better land and sea units than the muslims ones. So, the question is:

Are the Christian Lords able to survive enough time to make use of their technological advantage?

PLAYERS&ORDER
1. Castilla: Luthor
3. Portugal: Botman
4. Navarra: Qummik
6. Aragon: Semental
7. Leon: Spartaca

2. Nasrids: AI
5. Almoravids: AI
8. Pirates: AI

PROPOSED RULES

- ALL nations must declare war on the 3 muslims (Almoravids, Nasrids and Pirates) on turn0. This must be done before any contact with any of these nations.

- No human can make peace (at anytime) with any of the muslim nations.
...- A human can make peace with the muslims IF all the other humans alive agree with it.
...- Navarra and Aragon can never make peace with the muslims.

- Humans can not declare war on each other until turn 3.

- Humans can not raze cities unless they are too close from other cities (only 1 free tile from anyother city).

- Humans can have as many agreements with as many nations as desired, but can only make (start) one Military Agreement per year (=turn).

- Agreements with the muslims are forbidden.

- Public Military agreements (Military Alliances, Mutual Protection Pact) must be announced.

What happened to the other one Lou was going to start once he finished the scenario?

Semental, I've done a different merger of nations than in the previous PBEM. I suggest you take France or Portugal (hard).

I'll ask Lou what's happening with the other one.. maybe we can merge them..

Luthor_Saxburg said:
Semental, I've done a different merger of nations than in the previous PBEM. I suggest you take France or Portugal (hard).

Yea, I fgured that. I'll take either, just put me where it flows the best.

- I didn't want Leon anyway...

Do u guys want the very hard version (all nations at forced war with Almoravids) or the softer one (all nations at peace with eachother except the nasty Pirates)?

Cloner, it's somewhere between Zombie and HOF.

You must have in mind a few things:

– The muslim nation (AI) does have a huge army concentrated in a few spots, so it will be really hard, specially for those nations near it.

– It is not possible to put all human players at war with the AI, so it will have to be game rule rather than a biq definition.

- Victory conditions are individual, so humans are competing with each other but the AI starts with (much) more troops and a larger territory. So if there is a war between humans in the beginning this will likely mean that no human will win the game.

See post #1 for my proposal of rules.

EDIT: We still need 2 human players to make this possible.

I haven't heard from Lou yet.. since I committed myself to his game and I don't want to play it double I'd like to know what he says (maybe he would join this one)..

Also, is this going to be a fast one (a full round per day)? Because if it's going to be 2-3 days per turn I'm not so interested..

I don't think this will be a game to play one turn per day. l am involved in several PBEM's and none is that fast! I think it's a bit unrealistic that sort of goal.

It's nice to make one turn per day and sometimes it will surely happen but I can't commit to that sort of speed. I think that taking 2/3 days to play the turn is perfectly OK.

I prefer a game that takes a slower pace but keeps up and running (e.g. HOF Blitz) than to expect a fast game that keeps halting for some reason.

I prefer games that play a turn a day from start to finish. Most of the games I've played have averaged a turn a day.

Top Bottom