2011 Scenario release

Sounds good, will have to take a look.

However, where is Israel? Only comment i would make is that the Middle East looks very underrepresented, whilst countries like Belgium and Ireland really could be in minor nations.

Other than that looks fantastic!

good idea, in my next patch ill probably replalce belgium with isreal, I want to keep ireland because it has three cities and belgium only has one, even tho belgium has a higher land area and population the middle east shood probbly be more represented
any1 else with an imput on this?

Other ideas for that middle east region:

- Syria
- Lebanon or Palestine

I'm sure there's plenty of nations as discussed which could go in trade

Sorry but If i added both Isreal and a country like Lebanon that part of the middle east would simply be to crowded for population, the countires are to small the both have a large populated city, simply the citys population will fall to around 4, and the countries are simply too small to have two of them next to each other, atleast with Holland and Belgium they are both the size of around 3 squares but both Lebanon and Jerusalem are less then half a square. Plus Belgium has over twice the population of Lebanon. I think that the middle east is already well represented by countires in the area (Egypt Iran Iraq Saudi Arabia Turkey and soon to be Isreal) but you are welcome to edit it yourself for your own pleasure as you please

This is a really cool concept for a scenario- it seems like people have been talking about making a modern world scenario for ages, but you've finally done it! You deserve a lot of kudos for that.

That said, it seems to me that this scenario has a ton of potential but needs a lot of work to get there. The US has way too many cities, too close to each other; it's a problem that doesn't seem to be replicated in any other part of the world. Most civilizations appear to have only marines as units, which is pretty inaccurate. Many elements of the scenario appear to be left over from Genghis Kai's 1940 AD scenario, including the year, leader names, flags, civics, etc; also the civs are inexplicably named "American tribe," "Belgian tribe" and so forth.

A few more strategic suggestions- what about including longstanding alliances like NATO in the form of defensive pacts, and putting western forces in Afghanistan as in reality? And maybe small one-city civs, like Guatemala, could replace the major areas of minor nations, like Indonesia, Pakistan or the DR Congo. Modern international relations could be modeled better, too; the current relations between civs seem a little random (the US is on fine terms with Iran and Cuba, for example, but is annoyed with Britain and France).

All in all, great job getting this going, but you should really take it to the next level :) Hope I wasn't too critical!

This was not to critical at all, I am aware this is just a prototype and just my first scenario/mod of any sort. As to your points:
-The year is now 2011 instead of 1940
-Leader names are now 2011 leader names
-The flags have been fixed
-The civs are no longer named "tribe" and are now named by their official name (ex. French Republic)
-There are now American troops in Afghanistan and Iraq
-Guatemala has been replaced with Indonesia
-Relationships have been updated (America is now at good terms with UK but at worse terms with Iraq and Cuba)

*I will look into putting in NATO in the future (UN building is in NY already though)
*Still need to fix the American city thing
*Still need to fix marine thing, although it has gotten a bit better

Some things I noticed: you mispelled Spain as Spian and Ecuador's flag is wrong. Also, it says the year is 2021 in my game. Thought the scenario was for 2011?

Some things I noticed: you mispelled Spain as Spian and Ecuador's flag is wrong. Also, it says the year is 2021 in my game. Thought the scenario was for 2011?

It is 2011, i appologize i will fix both of those when i release the scenario in my mod. This was only a prototype. I have added many assets to my mod to make the scenario 100 time more amazing (more civilizations, LH, resourses, units, buildings bunkers, barb wire etc.)

The scenario is great but I have found some wrong rule and names on some countries and cities. The following cities should be French; St Pierre, Tahiti, Wallis and Futuna and Marquesas Is. Falkland should be British, and Aruba and San Fernando should be Dutch. I don´t have the same security if Cook Is., Niue and Tokelau should be New Zealandic but I think so. Then should Trinidad, Sao Tome, Malabo and Paramaribo be Minor States.

Then Sri Lanka and Bhutan is mispelled as Ski Lanka and Brutan. Lastly Stalingrad´s name is changed to Volgograd.

I hope you don´t thinks I am crazy and gets mad, cause everything else is very good or will be so :)

Top Bottom