Miserable
Who else has hit noncon's PM box?

Since a couple of you, who shall remain nameless, insisted:
...you fudging lazy git!
OI!

Change the meetup OP you lazy sod!

I have updated this. Sorry guys, uni is taking its toll on my free life :(
Date: 23rd February, 11am

Location:Location: Starbucks, 55 Oxford Street (By Soho Street and to the West of Tottenham Court Road Station)[/B]

(1 on map)

Attending
Brennan
ComradeDavo
Furiey
Kan' Sharuminar
Lambert Simnel
Mise
Rambuchan
Stapel
noncon
Abbadon

Possible
GinandTonic
Rik Meleet
Zhuge_Liang
feline_da_cat
Melifluous
Ciceronian

Prospective activities:
-drinking
-debating
-drinking
-meal
-drinking
-people making cultural jokes
-drinking
-naming and shaming/denunciation of douches on here
-drinking
-"hard liquor" phase of the night reached
-civ discussion
-drinking
-incident involving the Pirates Fanatic Centre
-supper
-drinking
-Sean Connery incident repeated
-drinking

I'm gonna pm Thunderfall to let me get all your names in a group so I can mass pm.

Please feel free to pm me your names, screenname, where you're coming from, mobile number, and maybe some distinguishing features to recognise you by?
Apologies once again for the delay.

Cheers guys!

I should be capable of joining, but less likely in late December. Maybe go for sometime early next year, given how late it is already?

Doing NonCon's job:

As of 27th Jan:

UK CFC Meetup 2007 (Allowing for Time Delay)

Time: Saturday 23rd February 2008 (11am?)
Location: Starbucks, 55 Oxford Street (By Soho Street and to the West of Tottenham Court Road Station)

Spoiler :

Hell, this table downstairs if you want to get exceptionally specific:

Attendees
ComradeDavo
Furiey
Kan' Sharuminar
Lambert Simnel
Mise
Rambuchan
Stapel
Brennan

Possible
Abaddon
GinandTonic
Nonconformist
Rik Meleet

I'll come if it's in London, might not be able to swing it if it's too far afield. Funny, I was thinking about this just this morning... :) . I'm not too fussy on dates.

How come you guys always get the meet ups? I bet your meet up will be successful, too. Punks. ;)

There is never a meet up in NJ, where many could attend.

How come you guys always get the meet ups? I bet your meet up will be successful, too. Punks. ;)

Being an English speaking country, and a very developed country with high standards of living it is normal that there are LOTS of Internet users from there.

Since it's in Europe and here everything is crowded and especially in Britain it's very packed together, they don't have to travel much to meet.

Of course, the conditions I stated in the first paragraph match the ones in the US or Australia for example, but those are simply way too big and spread out to have an organized meeting. :)

There has been an attempt at a South-Eastern meet-up too, but apparently there were only about 3-4 people interested in total... which is really far from enough.

NJ is heavily crowded, my friend. Also, New York and Eastern PA are right there.

NJ is heavily crowded, my friend. Also, New York and Eastern PA are right there.

I know that. I was talking about "country-wide" meetings. :) Also, I've seen lots and lots of members from England, and though i know there are of course many big cities in the US, I've never seen as many members from any city as from the whole of the UK.

There is never a meet up in NJ, where many could attend.

Because it's a great British tradition to complain about the transportation service, and given that we have many people coming from across the UK, it makes for a fantastic get together.

We also like to complain about the weather, which is why we hold it in Winter.

We can have a meet up in St. Louis and it will be twice as good as yours!
We'll have hookers and blackjack! Infact, forget the meet-up! /poor futurama reference.

Hold the meet up in Bath and go door to door until you find Chukchi Husky! ;)

We should have a DC meeting, except with more people this year, and no getting late on Metro and picking up Hispanic chicks.

Hold the meet up in Bath and go door to door until you find Chukchi Husky! ;)

He won't be in a house. He will be running around and play fighting with some of his wolf friends. It shouldn't be hard to find him in Bath. Not many English would do that, especially during tea time.

We should have a DC meeting, except with more people this year, and no getting late on Metro and picking up Hispanic chicks.

This was the problem last time. Who wants to go to DC? :p

We can have a meet up in St. Louis and it will be twice as good as yours!
We'll have hookers and blackjack! Infact, forget the meet-up! /poor futurama reference.

St. Louis is definently the way to go. Close to home!

St. Louis is definently the way to go. Close to home!

I was thinking geographically speaking for North America, but if it benefits Godwynn, then it surely must be the right place :mischief:.
Heh. I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway, I'm East Coast. Maybe we could set up a video conference. Call it #fiftyvideochat.

Put it in St. Louis, that way I can't show up and kill the party. :lol:

Seems like there's more interest in the Americans than the British. But maybe those on the other side of that tiny pond haven't gotten up yet.

I'd love to come but I'm currently in Switzerland

Because it's a great British tradition to complain about the transportation service, and given that we have many people coming from across the UK, it makes for a fantastic get together.

We also like to complain about the weather, which is why we hold it in Winter.

HA!
N.B see above

Top Bottom