Random Rants VII: Why do they ALWAYS do that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My school has a very nice webpage where I can access the teacher directory and link to all of my online grades. Actually not all of them :mad: My science teacher decided that she wants her grades to be separate. So now I have a better grade page but It's 1000 times harder to get to. I'd much rather just have a plain white report easily than have a colorful report hard.

I can't wait til I get rid of this laptop and get something more, robust.

And I wanted to give it a chance, but Drama has to be the worst choice of electives I have ever made. I will try to get out of it promptly.

Blah blah blah Detroit sucks. I haven't ranted that in too long.

. .. .. .. . bats man. Get the . .. .. .. . out of my room.

Their . .. .. .. . is everywhere. On my bed, on my towel. I slept in a hotel room last night.

And show yourselves you . .. .. .. .ing . .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

I've been sitting here all night with a broom and they won't come out now.

Go away, rain. I'm trying to enjoy the last week of summer. :mad:

I am going to rant, no predict, that it will snow in Calgary this weekend. The forcast calls for 13 degrees C on Sunday, 56ish for you Yanks. But knowing Calgary, it will get no higher that 4, which means snow on Monday morning and more crapy drivers on the road. So much for summer and global warming for this year.

@kaos. I swear I almost got hypothermia riding to work in the rain yesterday. It felt pretty close to freezing early in the morning.

@kaos. I swear I almost got hypothermia riding to work in the rain yesterday. It felt pretty close to freezing early in the morning.

I felt the effects of Fall in the air after the hot spell at the beginning of last week. I hear ya. When the rain fell last Friday, it was like Calgary instantly forgot how to drive, just wait for snowfall.

Here's hoping for a nice long Indian Summer, into May.

I hate street racers! Especially the latino version! Riding my rear when I obey the speed laws and flipping me off.

I should have gone 5 mph below the speed limit! :mad:

I hate street racers! Especially the latino version! Riding my rear when I obey the speed laws and flipping me off.

I should have gone 5 mph below the speed limit! :mad:

I hate them too, but I love pissing them off. There is no greater pleasure than blocking a young punk from driving as fast he would like. Try a little operant conditioning: they tail you closer, you drive slower; they back off, you drive faster.

I hate them too, but I love pissing them off. There is no greater pleasure than blocking a young punk from driving as fast he would like. Try a little operant conditioning: they tail you closer, you drive slower; they back off, you drive faster.

Oh yes! I've been thinking of doing that actually.

Oh yes! I've been thinking of doing that actually.

Another idea...if one's behind you, your side of the road is 2 lanes and there's a car in the other lane, drive relatively even with the other car, leaving no gap. Great way to stymie speeder/weaver types (those drivers piss me off, too)

Rant: I miss my thread's title. That makes me laugh every time I hear or see it, and it's fun to yell at people for no reason. Now I don't get to see it any more. :(

There aren't any sort of zoning ordinances preventing people from building right up to the property line?

Any idea of whether or not you'll have to share a driveway with your new neighbors?

Short story: It's four feet away, he got a variance, and no, our driveway is not adjacent to his property.

Spoiler Long story. :
I've always lived in the same house, all my life. It's got three separate apartments. When I was very small, my parents and I lived in the basement apartment, my great-grandmother, who owned the house, lived in one of the upstairs apartments, and her daughter, my grandmother, lived in the other. My great-grandmother always babysat all of her great-grandchildren all the time so I grew up living with my cousins all the time. It was awesome.

Our house is on the corner, on a double lot. We've got a decent backyard by our neighborhood's standards. Next door to us lived a pair of old people, the Millers. Mr. and Mrs. Miller were old as hell. They had one daughter, I don't remember her name, and a giant pile of grandchildren. The Millers' house was on a triple lot and they had an awesome backyard just adjacent to ours, with a lot of awesome trees, where my cousins and I would play with their grandchildren. It was totally awesome.

Then Mrs. Miller got old and died.

There's another long substory about how my grandmother and my great-grandmother died, but they're irrelevant. In short, my grandmother's brain developed a supersaturation of gin and was shipped off to a nursing home, and my family moved into her apartment, (grandma died somewhere thereafter) then my great-grandmother got sick and died and after a lot of infighting and drama, my parents bought everyone else's share of the house. They fixed up the second upstairs apartment and now it's rented out. I've now got the basement apartment. Woo.

Mr. Miller had always been crazy, but after his wife died he got crazier. Not dangerous-crazy, just silly-crazy where he'd tell you about the spacewomen that he saw conspiring in the street, that kind of thing.

I guess the Millers' daughter decided that Mr. Miller was too crazy to live by himself, so he got shipped off to a nursing home, and their house was sold.

Anyway, everything's been downhill since everyone started dying. A couple of yuppies moved in to the Millers' house, they were reasonably okay people at first and they had a beautiful dog.

Then they had all the trees cut down and I wished death upon them. There were so many trees in their yard, and they were such beautiful, old trees, they were healthy, happy trees and they were not an impediment to playing with the dog in the yard, they were beautiful. After they cut down all the trees I hated them and I didn't bring my dog over to play with their dog anymore.

Then the stupid tree-removing yuppies decided to move to Las Vegas, after they cut down the trees. So they moved to Las Vegas and sold the house and I hate them.

We couldn't tell for a while who had bought the house - the for sale sign was gone but the house was empty. Wondered for a while, never saw anyone over there.

'Til one day in the mail there was a notice that the owner of the property in question was seeking a zoning variance to knock down the old house, divide the lot into two lot-and-a-half pieces, and build two new houses. I'm not sure why this needed a variance, but it did. Several of our neighbors went to the hearing and in the end he was denied that variance. So he tried to get another one - now he wanted to leave the house that's there, and build a new house on each side of it for a total of three houses. At that hearing, I guess they decided that he couldn't build two new houses, but he could build one new house on our side.

Also may I note that this assbag lives in basically the wealthiest part of Cranston, and he does not now and never has had plans to live in this neighborhood. It's just money to him.

My father came back from the hearing with copies of their plans. He'd protested because, not only is that density inappropriate in our neighborhood, the proposed house is going to stand four feet from the property line, and their driveway is going to butt right up against our property, which means that when they excavate for it, there's no way for them to avoid wacking up our front garden. But the assbag got the variance. And we knew it was coming, but we didn't know when, and sure enough this week they've started digging the foundation.

I am going to cause trouble on that construction site. I'm not sure precisely what I'm going to do, nothing too terrible, but I'm open to suggestions.

Firstlady neglected to put the angry face post icon on this thread! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am having trouble getting the utilities turned on for my new apartment. I can hardly wait to move in, since I've basically been living out of two suitcases since early March...so another few day delay just sucks even more.

Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap.

I'm not sure this is actually the case, I need to go home and check, but if what I think is the case is actually the case, I'm a total moron with a big problem.

Last night I wanted to copy some files from my computer to my USB memory stick. I had too much stuff on the stick to fit the new stuff, so I copied all of it to a folder on my desktop, then went through the stick and deleted the files I didn't need. I had them backed up in the folder on the desktop. Then I copied the files that I needed onto the stick.

But I just popped in the stick here at work and it's showing me files that are not right. They're wrong! They're the wrong files! So I'm worried that when I thought I was deleting the files off the stick, I was actually deleting them out of the backup folder...

I'm not sure, though, because I think these files aren't the ones I left on the stick. I'm really confused. I think the two different computers are reading the stick differently. I need to go home and make sure I didn't delete any of those files. 'Cause if I did, oh crap.

:undecide:

I rant that i have to post this to make note of me as well as directly stating that my interference in this thread is only for subscriping purposes and that this has a much higher speed that using the subscription option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom