2K's game of the week feature?

Mysticjon

Chieftain
I got the game last night, and may I say what a GREAT game. I'm a hardcore civ 4 player and for me this simplified format make for a completely different product. I do not want to compare the two, each have their own merits. I'm especially looking forward to a 1v1v1v1v1 FFA which I will try tonight!

Anyway 1 quick question about the GOTW feature. I was led to believe that the map and starting Civs would be the same for all (I checked, and this week it is an English start on the difficulty of your chioce).

But when I check the scoreboard it shows that people have won using differtent Civs (ie not England) - what gives?

FYI on one gamertag has beaten it on Deity so far - Congrats if you are reading this.

JT

I have played GOTW 3 times this week and I got the english every time.

I wish my internet wasn't cabbed at the moment I can hardly load this webpage, so I have to wait till the 23 before I can play online.

Lucky Brits getting an advantage over us Americans :( By the time we get the game, the European players will have developed in depth strategies while we're still just learning how to play... Doesn't seem fair to me for a game that emphasizes multiplayer!

Well, this must be the first time ever where us Europeans get a game before our friends across the pond. I'm sure you'll quickly catch up. :)

Anyway 1 quick question about the GOTW feature. I was led to believe that the map and starting Civs would be the same for all (I checked, and this week it is an English start on the difficulty of your chioce).

But when I check the scoreboard it shows that people have won using differtent Civs (ie not England) - what gives?

I've played it once on Warlord and started as England, but perhaps it's the level you play it at that determines your starting civ.

Lucky Brits getting an advantage over us Americans :( By the time we get the game, the European players will have developed in depth strategies while we're still just learning how to play... Doesn't seem fair to me for a game that emphasizes multiplayer!

Oh get over it. Americans get so much stuff before the rest of the world, you don't have the right to complain.

I have played GOTW 3 times this week and I got the english every time.

I wish my internet wasn't cabbed at the moment I can hardly load this webpage, so I have to wait till the 23 before I can play online.

ive played 3times this wk and what it dont work cant find myself anywhere oh thats right they released abroken game wheres the patch its the 31 how can sid put his name on abroken prod and feel
good about ripping everyone off tried taking it back 5bucks for yeah right guess iam stuck with broken crap lipet

ive played 3times this wk and what it dont work cant find myself anywhere oh thats right they released abroken game wheres the patch its the 31 how can sid put his name on abroken prod and feel
good about ripping everyone off tried taking it back 5bucks for yeah right guess iam stuck with broken crap lipet

You guys are freakin ******ed. In the game of the week your civ is chosen for you!

Top Bottom