3.11 Tradition - no free monument

masaykh

Prince
In Tradition tree policy "Ceremonial rites" described as giving +1 culture and free culture building to 4 oldest cities...i removed my monuments to test - they reappered once policy choosen but not as FREE building.

i seen it on many wonders too, but some of them working correctly (library awarded correctly) so code somewhere changed - please look at library as it will give you some answers, or i think so.

still present in 3.12.1

Count yourself lucky - with v3.11 I wasn't awarded any Monuments at all after choosing Ceremonial Rites, no matter how labeled, so had to hard build them instead.

@masaykh & @Torvald

Could you provide your logs when making a bug report.

This didn't bug out in the current game I am on so there must be something different with the setups. If you give us as much information as possible the solution will be quicker to find.

Ceremonial Rites granting free :c5culture: buildings was fixed.

Something has changed with the code for all the "FREE" buildings. Not sure exactly what or where.

Not only are the Monuments not FREE, the Walls from Republic are costing maintenance as well.

Investigating further.

FYI, with the culture building being delinked this policy gives a culture building, not necessarily a monument. If you have researched theatres or more advanced buildings, this policy can give a free opera house or whatever in a city that doesn't even have a monument.

i dont seen any fixes for this matter...please fix them!
still present in 3.12.1

Once you are able to build theaters you will get them for free. So it isn't really broken...
(maybe the text should be changed to free theaters)

Once you are able to build theaters you will get them for free. So it isn't really broken...
(maybe the text should be changed to free theaters)

Just tested with 3.12 and this was not the case. Yes, you get them for free (production-wise) but they are not maintenance free.

The bug persists.

\Skodkim

There is no way to grant maintenance free buildings using lua code and the code the vanilla policy uses is locked in the DLL. This is why buildings are granted with their maintenance cost since ceremonial rites and republic have to use custom lua code. I guess the question is if it's necessary for the buildings to be maintenance free.

If you ask me that's not so critical (even though I'm pretty sure it worked in GEM). What annoys me more is the missing culture from cultural Buildings (which also seems linked to various Wonder bugs).

\Skodkim

Top Bottom