3 New Future Techs

Ark888

Chieftain
This Mod adds 3 new, future technologies, for those amongst us who want to play on past the original Civ 4 techs. It is made with people running the original Civ 4 with out any expansion packs but I dont think that makes any difference.

You can download it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/124286/FutureTech-v1a.zip

The 3 added techs are:

1) Hyperstructures:
- allows you to build Arcologies (giant self contained cities) and the The Space Elevator [moved from robotics]

2) Agrarian Revolution:
- allows you to build Agricultural Academies (which increase food output by 20%)

3) Applied Genetics
- increases your civ's health by +1 and increases food production of your farms and pastures by +1

This is an ongoing project on my behalf, I plan to add a many more new future Tech's along with buildings and units as I go along. Please let me know if you experience any problems with it or have any ideas.

Thanks,
Ark.

You can download it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/124286/FutureTech-v1a.zip

Sorry I had to edit my original post but the first file url I gave was not a good one for two reasons. 1) I did not like the mode and felt it needed some perfecting, that is done now and the new url [which replaced the old one] is a much better mod. 2) the host I used reached its upload cap very quickly, I have now, hopefully, resolved this by putting it on this site. :)

Cheers,
Ark

Thanks for reminding me CCJ39, below are some screen shots. Unfortunately I just realized that the tech pictures are not the ones I wanted to put in, or rather, they are but just not the nicer looking versions of those pics that I wanted to use so I will correct that soon.

I am very proud of the Arcology city improvement I made, you wont believe how long it took me to get it working. :p

Now I just have to work out how to edit the building graphics and I will be truly happy.

Now I just have to work out how to edit the building graphics and I will be truly happy.

have a look at the "XML/Art"-folder and view "CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml".. I think that's the way to do it (and this part is still missing to your mod ;) )

at the moment I want to add some additional ancient and medieval techs, buildings and wonders to my mod, so if you like to send me the graphics you like to add to your building/wonder, I can do it at this time too and send the file back to you (info "at my nick" .com :D)

any screenshots?

however, I'll give it a try and add it in addition to the "Next War" stuff to my little mod-project :D

Are you adding nextwar units and techs to the stand BtS game? If so, would you be inclined to share it? I wanted to do this for myself, but I bet you're doing a better job than I could.

I haven't got BtS... yet. So it is all for the original Civ4. You are more then welcome to chop, change, add, and take what you like from it. I am sure you can do this as well as I can (or better) this is my very first mod after all. :D

have a look at the "XML/Art"-folder and view "CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml".. I think that's the way to do it (and this part is still missing to your mod ;) )

Thanks for the advice, I have also gotten a program to unpack all the files and skinned the arcology. So in the next release you can get an almost completely new and remodeled building.

@jpinard

yes, I've already added the nextwar units/techs/buildings to my mod of the original bts-game... in addition I've added the techs "Agrarian Revolution" and "Applied Genetics" and the building "Agricultural Academy"... the third tech isn't useful with nextwar additions in my opinion and it's building "Arcology" is to powerful, so maybe I like to add it later with a special graphic and less effects
originally I haven't expected to make my mod-project public, but maybe I will release it soon, if the demand exists... however, here's a list of current version, which should be ready in a few days, but please don't start discussion about it in this thread (maybe better by pm until I start a special thread for it) ;)

Spoiler :
less desert on random tropic-maps, no obsolete tech for monastery, wonders don't obsolete and some of them adding buildings to all cities, Great Wall requires 10 cities, captured cities doesn't destroy most of the buildings (buildings with chance of successful capturing higher than zero are increased to 100 percent), Maya leader with additional traits for funplay or testing, (modified civ-colors, not atm), huge maps are huge+, more frequently Apostolic Palace votes (9 => 6), added further options for UN global civic (if more than one civic in a category was agreed, the civs can choose between them, but you can revote for single one later to disallow it again), extended interface with attitude icons ["MainScreenMod" by "NeverMind" with some own minor changes], Goodies for Monarch and Emperor modified (less chance for gold, map, warrior, experience, no chance for healing, added chance for worker, higher chance for strong barbarians), added the additional techs/buildings/units from NextWar-Mod, increased mapsize for pangaea (large=huge, huge=huge+ like normal maps), added additional settlers (Colonist: citysize 2 with some buildings, Pioneer: citysize 3 with a lot buildings, Architect: citysize 1 with tons of buildings) [by "The Navy Seal" with costs-changes to 160 in version from August 13, 2007 -- maybe later with settler religion], all civs will start with a Worker in addition to the Settler, "Public Transportation" have 3 bonus yields, bonus-resources don't obsolete, added new resources (olives, cotton, tobacco, lemon, sulphur), added new wonders (Leonardos Workshop, Sun Tzu's Art of War, Sphinx, Olympia Stadion), added new buildings (Well, Agricultural Academy), added new techs (Inventions, Code of Honor, Sport Events, Well Sinking, Sculpture Creation, Agrarian Revolution, Applied Genetics)... [used some graphics from Warlords and "Next Fantasy Mod" by "strategyonly"]

@Ark888

it isn't a big problem to update it to BtS, only a few additional lines needed in some xml-files, but you should double check your current xml-files, there were some minor mistakes at different locations (I think in most cases copy&paste-problem)

btw: cannot wait to see the new graphics :D (I only experienced in 2D-graphics and the XML-structure, not in 3D :/ )

Y'know... Those arcologies would be really interesting if they could be built more than once. :)

Thats a great idea, I will definitely look into it.

On another note, I am sorry I have not been as active as I would have liked to have been lately (as I just moved country).

Anyway, here is an update on what I have been up to so far along with some pics. :king:

I have, finely, made a building model for the arcology building (although it still does not show up on the world map in your city when it is built). I have added a new Tech (Semi-Auto Mechatronics) and I would like to add some units with that new tech. Some thing along the lines of an advanced pilotless fighter similar to the Taranis UAV pictured below.

So if any one out there wants to make a unit like that it would make me happy. :)

I have considerably nerfed the Arcology but considering how expensive I made it I think I will put it back to its original specs. I have also added some extra graphics to make it look a bit prettier.

I also have a list of 12 techs in total that I wish to add, some of them inspired by, and indeed will be made for, niknaks. Thanks mate, you have some great ideas. :)

I also plan to reorganize some of the techs I have at the moment but nothing big.

One more thing, I would greatly appreciate it if some one could tell me how and where to alter the code so that the mode is also compatible with BtS?

Thanks,

Ark.

You guys all really amaze me at how much you are all willing to code mods, and better yet, help people that want to code mods. It is quite amazing to me seeing all the teamwork that goes in to the better mods like this :)

I tried to load this MOD, but then my computer said:badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp: , CANNOT LOAD yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah :mad: :mad:[pissed] :backstab: (not the exact words) Help!!!!:trouble:

do you've tried to load in with BtS? at the moment it isn't compatible in the download-version with BtS, but I've already updated some parts of it to BtS for my own mod and send Ark888 these data to release a BtS-version too

Top Bottom