Approval Vote for Proposal #53

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 25 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 5, Proposal 53

Current Heavy Charge:
The attacker gains +50% CS when attacking if the defender cannot retreat. The defender retreats (if possible) and the attacker takes its place if damage taken by defender > damage taken by attacker.

Proposed Heavy Charge:

The attacker gains +50% CS when attacking if the defender cannot retreat. The defender retreats (if possible) and the attacker takes its place if attacker CS > defender CS after all combat modifiers.

This is almost the same, except the proposed one is not affected by damage variation, or damage reduction/amplification on the attacker/defender. The result can then be pre-determined in the combat simulator UI. It should also be easier to code the tactical AI to account for this.

EDIT: Corrected the effect of current and proposed Heavy Charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
@azumroll We have just learned that heavy charge actually provides +50% CS versus the enemy rather than +50% damage.

My assumption is you wanted to use the original mechanic, so it would be +50% CS.

Since this was a mistake in the game text I have no issue adjusting the proposal if that is your intention. I will note that changing it to reflect the in-game mechanic will make sponsoring easier.

EDIT: The current promotion text is wrong, so I put the correct effect instead.

I sponsor this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom