[UI] (5-NS) Simplify Conquistador

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

Deity
Current Conquistador:
Can faith purchase missions, a secret UB that spreads your capital's religion to that city when built
Spoiler mission pedia :
1688392430183.png

Add new ability for Conquistadors which converts a new city they found automatically to the religion of their source city. (ie. adds 2000 of that religion's pressure to the new city on found, equivalent to 2 missionary spreads)
Remove the Mission secret bonus building from the conquistador. See picture above for stats on the mission.

Rationale:
The current mission is an extra component and button push that makes the conquistador's abilities convoluted.
The ability uses dummy buildings to work, which I am told is very naughty

Last edited by a moderator:
Check me, does the mission provide any other bonuses or yields? Does it count as a religious building for purpose of some beliefs?

I'm not knocking the concept just wanted to ensure we had a full picture of the change.

The mission costs 100:c5faith: (scaling with era), and gives:
2 :c5faith: base
2:c5strength: city defense
+1:c5faith: to nearby haciendas
Self conversion for the city

It is considered a faith building for things like holy sites. An undesirable interaction, and another reason to remove, imo

It's also the only religious building with a special exception preventing it from being captured.

I agree with the proposal in general, but removing all those bonuses that missions currently give would be an additional nerf to an already weak civ. I'd propose to add "+2 city defense to every Spanish city following the majority religion" to Spain's UA instead. This would buff Spain instead of nerfing it, and it would work together nicely with the free inquisitors on city conquest, as conquered cities would effectively get an instant defense bonus.

We can buff Spain without retaining such tiny, inconsequential bonuses. The faith bonuses mainly existed just to pay back the original faith cost of the building. Making this conversion automatic and costless might be a situational buff.

I’ve got another proposal for buffing the hacienda, and there is going to be another coming to re-scale naval unit Faith costs to make them all cheaper.

Also, the trireme split will help naval unit faith purchase be more relevant

Last edited:
There's also (soon to be) a proposal that reduces unit faith costs, which will help Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom