Can we have a new Smiley suggestion thread? (been a full year...)

I agree with the "innocent"/angel smiley suggestion; despite my real-world beliefs, I've gotten used to typing out a haloed face as shorthand for "I'll be good!" or "I swear it's true!"

As for my own nominations, I've got one Civ-related (a :bnw: shorthand for that expansion) and two more general ones (<3 for heart/love, and :hug: for a hugging emoticon). Those last two may seem girly for a strategy-game forum, but the admins already have maximums in place to keep one "I [heart] your mod" or "Cheer up, it'll be OK! :hug: " from turning into a fluff-party.

Attachments

• hug3.gif
    hug3.gif
    206 bytes · Views: 304
I agree with the "innocent"/angel smiley suggestion; despite my real-world beliefs, I've gotten used to typing out a haloed face as shorthand for "I'll be good!" or "I swear it's true!"

As for my own nominations, I've got one Civ-related (a :bnw: shorthand for that expansion) and two more general ones (<3 for heart/love, and :hug: for a hugging emoticon). Those last two may seem girly for a strategy-game forum, but the admins already have maximums in place to keep one "I [heart] your mod" or "Cheer up, it'll be OK! :hug: " from turning into a fluff-party.

I agree with the heart and hug emoticons, and I know some OTers borrow a smilie gif from elsewhere that would work perfectly.

I have a few nominations:

:hug:

:lecture: (for those occasions when posts are intended to indicate "serious teaching effort going on here")

:bloom: (to make a peace offering, cheer someone up, expression of friendship, etc.)

:censored: (for when a "colorful metaphor" seems apt, but is against board rules)

No. Way.

:ack:

Seriously, we need the "hug" smiley. It's a way of fostering good will among the members, and has the potential for making moderators' jobs a bit easier.

:ack:

Seriously, we need the "hug" smiley. It's a way of fostering good will among the members, and has the potential for making moderators' jobs a bit easier.

Heck yeah! *offers you a hug, the only way the forums allow*

Pls, we need the following kettle/brewing smiley:

I mean it is perfect for schizoid personality types like myself, who don't really care to take part in a forum discussion unless they mostly pretend to care (potentially alluded in an apt way by the minor steam in that kettle's edge) but in reality it is just an absurd waste of time for all involved :jesus:

I'd love a rimshot smiley.

I have a few nominations:

:hug:

:lecture: (for those occasions when posts are intended to indicate "serious teaching effort going on here")

:bloom: (to make a peace offering, cheer someone up, expression of friendship, etc.)

:censored: (for when a "colorful metaphor" seems apt, but is against board rules)

I often use the :old: smiley for the "serious teaching effort going on here" case. But, it only really works when it's a case of it being an esoteric topic about something older (like Civ3). The :lecture: one would work better for, say, a serious teaching post in the Beyond Earth forum (and have fewer other uses).

One of my favorite smiles is the Something Awful

Consider well CFC for the Paradox threads ( for Viking reports!), for expressing metal fury and for the sake of

Should there be a Hitler smile for when someone break Godwin's Law?

That said I just had a thought that we may need a emot for :3

Top Bottom