[DLL] (6-11) Make Puppet City Tiles Transferable

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralAmadeus

Chieftain
Proposal: Make the tiles of puppet cities transferable to non puppet cities. This would be one way and once you give the tile to another city to work it can not be given back to a puppet city. Currently it can be done for tiles that are further away than 3 tiles.
Reason: Sometimes you take cities for the land so you can give it to existing cities. This would make it that you do not have to annex or raze them to give the tiles to other cities.

Currently this can be done only by Venice.

I think it's abusable in human hands as you could remove most of the puppet's land using nearby cities. Puppets are meant to be disadvantageous.

Most of the time i invade cities on my border i just want the land, not the city. Problem is if you raze it you do not get the land either. Also is taking away the land from the puppet really that unbalanced?

You can play with Hex and Conquer then if you want land. It allows to gain land dynamically during the war.

Another way this can be done is to add this as a CustomModOption disabled by default. There's already one allowing Faith Purchases in Puppets, so player can get access to that. I don't see any reason why this couldn't be coded like that.

Last edited:
Annex the city if you want to steal its land.

Also, the AI doesn't know how to do it. We changed it from the current state 2 years, specifically for the AI and also as a way to nerf puppets for players.

Last edited:
Does the AI swap tiles in other cities? If they don't, they really should be taught about that.

Does the AI swap tiles in other cities? If they don't, they really should be taught about that.
You mean regular swapping? I though Firaxis had done such a thing...

Yes, it takes tiles from one city to put into others.
But not from puppets, right? Even AI can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom