[Vote] (6-27) City-State Quests No Longer Reward Great People Points in a City If None Of That Type Are Stockpiled

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Proposal: I'd like for City-State Quests to not reward Great People Points of a type if you never stored a point of that type. Ex. No Great Writer Points if the City never had any Great Writer Points. Does not affect Great General Points or Great Admiral Points as well as Cities currently producing those points.

Rationale:
There are quests that reward Great People Points in the Capital or in all Cities. It can be annoying seeing 200 Great Writer Points in a City without a Writer's Guild. I do think it's somewhat of a Tradition buff since Progress and Authority won't have access to some of the points... to get rewarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Enginseer This needs some clarification. So your saying if a city has 0 Great Writer points at the time a CS quest that gives GPP out is rewarded, the city should get 0 reward. Is that right?

@Enginseer This needs some clarification. So your saying if a city has 0 Great Writer points at the time a CS quest that gives GPP out is rewarded, the city should get 0 reward. Is that right?
yes

ok, so though it would be exceptionally rare, in the event a city founded a great writer on the exact same turn, and so trained every GPP it has, then it would not get the CS reward it was entitled to.

ok, so though it would be exceptionally rare, in the event a city founded a great writer on the exact same turn, and so trained every GPP it has, then it would not get the CS reward it was entitled to.
Can code it that if it has a GPP per turn, it'll still reward the GPP.

this is just to clean the UI?
I don't like it. it's got too many side effects
Yeah, maybe the solution would be to hide it in UI if there is no GPP per turn. That way I would still get the GPP that can be used if I intend to build a guild later.

Can this lead to a situation when you don't get any GPPs?
I would lead to no. If you get some free points in a city where you cannot get them naturally, you can always build something that will start to do so, and you have a bit of handicap. Beside that some quest could be blocked becuase you would not be able to get the points.

Last edited:
I sponsor this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom