Which Book Are You Reading Now? Volume XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turns out, early twentieth century China was a pretty grim place to be. Who knew?

It was established thread 11 was going to remain open forever, so why the hell was it closed

When exactly was that established?

Ah, that book seems very interesting, although I'd probably prefer one that covered China from 1911 to 1928.

Is it good? I might try to get it.

Interesting. If I'd read that post three years ago, I've certainly forgotten about it now.

Of course, there are several other serial threads, also without lots of images or other resources, and I do wonder why it was suddenly decided in thread eleven not to continue to serialise it. :confused:

Why the strong reaction though, Lohrens?

Of course, there are several other serial threads also without lots of images or other resources and I do wonder why it was suddenly decided in thread eleven not to continue to serialise it. :confused:
because that was the one open at the time

Infracted for swearing and hostility.
You don't say...
If you're going to react like that why the hell did you even bring it up in the first place
Why the strong reaction though, Lohrens?
I've fudging had it with bullfeathers so I'm doing a zero-tolerance thing

Moderator Action: You've been infracted and banned in the recent past for swearing and general hostility towards other members. You're doing it again in this thread through multiple replies. This would be inappropriate towards normal members and is especially inappropriate towards moderators. Three point infraction. - Vincour
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked if you knew why the decision was made in thread 11 and you told me that it was because that was the thread that was open at the time. That is technically correct, but told me absolutely nothing I didn't already know.

People don't make decisions for no reason, but if you don't know, that's fair enough.

I know why it was decided to stop serialisation, but the timing was random

Ah, that book seems very interesting, although I'd probably prefer one that covered China from 1911 to 1928.

Is it good? I might try to get it.
It's a good read, although as the title suggests it doesn't really deal with the Revolution and Warlord Period in any detail, focusing mostly on the intra-KMT conflicts of the late 1920s, the early Civil War, and the unofficial border-wars with the Soviet Union and Japan. But that alone is quite interesting: I hadn't really realised that China was quite so consistently at war with itself and everybody else for so long a period.

Yes, yes. Ideally I'd get such a book covering the full period. Breaking it up at the end of the Central Plains War (which I imagine is where this book takes off) can make the whole thing lose cohesion, as it is a less than clear cut. On the other hand I suppose a truly exhaustive work on the period would be a mighty tome, and so it is convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom