pineappledan

Deity
Current Maori Warrior (Longswordsman)
22 CS :c5strength:
cheaper
Does not require Iron
Unlocks at Chivalry
Haka War Dance
(-15% :c5strength: CS to adjacent enemy units)

Proposal Maori Warrior (Scout)
Unlocks at Sailing
90:c5production:
13:c5strength:CS (+3)
No Movement Penalties
Treasure Hunter
Amphibious
Haka War Dance

Rationale:
I find I do not use Maori Warriors much in their current form. They aren't very strong, and Polynesia doesn't war much in Medieval.
In 4UC, Polynesia has a unique scout and it is much more useful. This proposal would be to essentially move that unique scout into the main mod.
A more powerful scout is very useful for Polynesia, who has a longer scouting and settling phase than other civs because of their access to deep ocean. A stronger scout is useful, because they can clear barbs for settlement spots on distant islands better.
We don't have a unique Scout unit, so this is also more unique. This would unstack Polynesia from Japan (Samurai)

Last edited:
Proposal Maori Warrior (Scout)
Unlocks at Sailing
90:c5production:
13:c5strength:CS (+3)
No Movement Penalties
Treasure Hunter
Amphibious
Haka War Dance
iirc this is -1 CS from the MUC koa? or is it +1?

I think the specific plague ability & barb bonus of the koa is situationally-OP, this looks to be a nice step-back -- maybe a flat cost embark and/or disembark?

No Movement Penalties
what does this mean? immune from movement debuff plagues? as a scout i presume it would get the default ignore terrain cost...

Last edited:
iirc this is -1 CS from the MUC koa? or is it +1?

I think the specific plague ability & barb bonus of the koa is situationally-OP, this looks to be a nice step-back -- maybe a flat cost embark and/or disembark?

what does this mean? immune from movement debuff plagues? as a scout i presume it would get the default ignore terrain cost...
Anything not underlined is what Scout gets naturally.

How about adding a Migration promotion(34UC Hunnic Tarkhan)?

This will make Polynesia's Scout more special and useful. Especially, we can make better use of Polynesia's UA.

Settlers and scouts already move the same speed, both on land and embarked. Also that would be new code.

edit: re: the frogman suggestion, it's a possibility but I don't like undermining Denmark like that.

Last edited:
What UnitAITypes will it have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom