(7-08 & 7-09) Polynesia/Shoshone/Huns Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it now, thanks -- the colorful & detailed explanation above got me sorted.

I think it's fine to politic somewhat on these proposals... Marketplace of ideas etc. etc. But a little charity towards one another's ideas goes a long way in creating healthy community and vibrant array of proposals. Anyway I do appreciate the level of detail above nonetheless

Last edited:
Gain 1 :c5gold: :c5culture: for every 2 damage dealt to enemy Cities, scaling with Era.
Does they gain the yields if the city is at 0 HP?

I think you still see damage numbers even if you're reducing the city from 0 to 0.

How does it work with the existing promotion-based version of this? I assumed these yields would be a trait version of that.

Eg. The gold on city damage that Free Company Mercenary units have.

Just want to reiterate that instead of giving a combat bonus that has the option of being used in ocean, he's giving a tile claim bonus (max ring radius) that pretty much ONLY can be used in ocean.

So if "ocean bad" is the actual reason, what is this?
You'll be surprised how fast a Shoshone city can grow past radius 5. They'll pretty much avoid growing to the ocean (because of the reworked scoring) so those radius 6 resources and natural wonders should be claimed quickly.

If you play against them, you'll find you actually have to actively buy tiles before they claim them.
You're not hitting this ring during the initial city rush.
That's why the "land only" for adjacent tile claim is actually useful for them.

Does they gain the yields if the city is at 0 HP?

I think you still see damage numbers even if you're reducing the city from 0 to 0.
I don't think you do. You don't even get XP from doing 0 damage.

The formula should be the same as the promotion-based one, just divided by the "per X damage" value (2) and without a cap.

Both Moai and Maori Warrior changes are now in other counterproposals.

looks good. firmly focuses the shoshone on grabbing all the land. will make having them as a neighbor even more annoying than it already is.

seems it's also possible, if resources are lined up, to grow around and envelop an opposing city. 6 tiles is enough to reach the opposite side of a city 4 tiles away if it didn't grow in that direction

Sponsored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom