(7-53a) Landmarks Give Resting Influence Only While the City-State Owns Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Counterproposal to: (7-113) Landmarks in City-State Influences grant Resting Points (and Influence up to that Resting Point)

Proposal: The extra 40-70 resting Influence is still applied, however it only remains as long as the Landmark you built remains in the City-State's borders.
  • If the Landmark tile becomes unowned by the City-State, the resting Influence bonus is lost.
  • If the Landmark tile is regained by the City-State after being unowned by it, the resting Influence bonus is regained.
  • If a City-State gains a Landmark, but it wasn't built within territory that was, at the time, owned by that City-State, that Landmark doesn't count.
  • If the City-State lost possession of the Landmark because you or your teammate citadeled them, used America's UA to steal the tile, or conquered the city containing the tile, then the bonus is removed.
  • Whether the Landmark is pillaged doesn't affect anything.
  • Declaring war on the City-State doesn't affect anything, and you can even build the Landmark while at war to get the bonus upon making peace.

AMENDMENT: The original proposal awards 40 resting Influence if the Landmark is constructed in the Industrial Era, 50 in Modern, 60 in Atomic, and 70 in Information. I see no reason to create this weird incentive for a delay - so I propose a bonus of 10 resting Influence, scaling with the current era of the player that constructed the Landmark (i.e, it retroactively goes up by +10 when the player's era increases). This will be easier to code.

Rationale: I like the idea of a resting Influence buff for this and this amount feels about right to me, but this feels more polished and less exploitable. It's also thematically appropriate for the City-State to only increase your resting Influence with them for a monument that's still present in their lands.

Game (average) era was not used for the retroactive increase because City-State yield bonuses also scale with player era, not game era, so I figured I'd keep things consistent.

Last edited:
If the City-State lost possession of the Landmark because you or your teammate citadeled them, used America's UA to steal the tile, or conquered the city containing the tile, then the bonus is removed.
What if someone else citadeled the tile, and then you conquer/liberate the city owning it, and then the CS gets the tile back somehow? Does it count as "conquered"?

In one game I steal other civ's embassy and establish my one. It's very interesting and it will be same for landmarks. But I wonder if AI can use that strategy too.

What if someone else citadeled the tile, and then you conquer/liberate the city owning it, and then the CS gets the tile back somehow? Does it count as "conquered"?
No. I'd have the value stored on the tile and only cleared if you take aggressive action directly.
In one game I steal other civ's embassy and establish my one. It's very interesting and it will be same for landmarks. But I wonder if AI can use that strategy too.
They are programmed to do the stealing.

Is the influence based on what era the artist is from?

Is the influence based on what era the artist is from?
@Enginseer

Based on the original proposal I think it's the era it's constructed in. I might amend this one to be based on the era of the artifact.

Yes, the original purpose is based on the era it is constructed in.

I think the question was asking whether the resting influence will retroactively increase on era change.

I'm going to amend this so that it does retroactively increase on era change, mainly because it'll be easier to code that way.

I'm going to amend this so that it does retroactively increase on era change, mainly because it'll be easier to code that way.
Ah; I had figured the resting influence would be based of the value of the artifact itself (which would increase with era just like landmarks do).

I sponsor this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom