(7-09a) Shoshone and Huns Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s far cleaner to just give them a bonus when they conquer a city equal to the max hp of the city (before buildings are lost). That encourages them to actual conquer (or raze as desired). And it’s far less micro intensive (which the Huns already have a lot of clicks built in due to reliance on a skirmisher UU).

They may not always want to conquer a city. They may not always succeed at it even if they want to.

Giving them a reward on conquest simply transforms them into the old France.

They may not always want to conquer a city. They may not always succeed at it even if they want to.

Giving them a reward on conquest simply transforms them into the old France.
which is a bad thing? Warmongers are supposed to take cities, its in the dna of the style. and its a far cleaner trigger, I mean is the AI going to understand not to take the city and just sit there and plink on it?

No, they still take the city. It's better than waiting for it to regenerate health and hit it again. Better go for the next city.

Old france was a slog. It was super feast or famine. I’m glad it’s gone.

Yes mechanics that require conquest is incredibly "win more". If you can take cities you are already doing well, and if you cant you are probably not doing well, both get squared in their good/bad with a UA like that

The original proposal we batted around on the discord before posting this was just "whenever you kill a :c5citizen:", which isn't technically gated by conquest, but is locked behind nukes. Not much better if you can only get around using it as an on-conquest bonus via nuclear holocaust.

Sponsor note:
This proposal requires the addition of the following new abilities:
Yields whenever you inflict damage on a city (either new Promotion table, or a trait table)​
Yields should be calculated in a way that conforms to existing gold from city attack promotions (see: Free Company unit)​
the rest is SQL and text worth that I would be able to assist with

I sponsor the DLL part (which is identical to my version anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom