(7-A) Add a City's Current/Maximum Health to Its Mouseover UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legen

Emperor
Proposal
  • Add the city's current/maximum health (e.g. "HP: 873/1025") to the mouseover UI of visible cities.
Spoiler Current mouseover UI on a visible city :
city defense UI.png

Rationale

The formula of city health isn't explicitly told in game to the player, so it is hard to evaluate how much a given building or wonder will contribute proportionally to its current max health. That also makes it hard to evaluate how long a city can hold against a potential siege, since you'll only get this information once the city is actually besieged and damaged.

So technically you do get a health bar.... if the city is damaged. Personally I see no reason not just to include it all the time. @Recursive @axatin thoughts on a fast track?
I'd rather not see the health bar all the time. It's clutter, and you don't need to see it unless you're damaging the city. If someone wants to know the exact health of the city at full health, then putting in a tooltip as suggested.

I'd rather not see the health bar all the time. It's clutter, and you don't need to see it unless you're damaging the city. If someone wants to know the exact health of the city at full health, then putting in a tooltip as suggested.
I prefer tooltip one too.

Tooltip version can be fast tracked, I don't see a serious objection to it. Health bar could be annoying.

Accepted (and sponsored by @N.Core).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom