• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Counterproposal to:

A recap of how War Weariness and War Score currently work

Current problem:
Damaging a city inflicts no War Weariness and War Score at all; you need to capture it even if you don't want to.

Proposal:

• Damage to a city increases both War Value (used to calculate War Score) and inflicts War Weariness according to the percentage health lost. This is capped at the value you'd inflict if you have captured the city.
  • Capturing the city does not increase War Value nor inflict War Weariness anymore.
Implementation:
Add a new array to each city storing the %damage done by each warring player, used to cap the War Value/War Weariness. The numbers are reset to 0 when making peace, or when the city changes hands.

Options considered (and why they aren't proposed):

• Decreasing War Value and War Weariness when the city is healed
    • Would require complex calculations to divide this value across each player who has done damage to this city
  • Capturing the city sets the %damage done to 100% regardless of previous damage done
    • Sniping cities shouldn't be encouraged even more
Why this is a counterproposal instead of a separate proposal:
Beating a dead horse is not work and shouldn't be rewarded. This counterproposal encourages players to actually deal damage to cities, competing with their allies.
And it doesn't make a city potentially worth double its value.

Last edited:
When does the war score cap reset? Cities currently generate war score each time the city is recaptured.

When is the warmonger penalty applied?

Last edited:
When is the warmonger penalty applied?
Unchanged. Only war declarations and civilian deaths (including pop loss when capturing city) are considered war crimes in this game, and I don't plan to change that.
When does the war score cap reset? Cities currently generate war score each time the city is recaptured.
"The numbers are reset to 0 when making peace, or when the city changes hands."
Recapturing a city doesn't add much War Value/War Weariness, since the city would be at low HP%.

I think this is a decent proposal (definitely much better than the other two) but I'm not completely sold on it. Would sponsor if I had fewer commitments.

Sponsored.

I think calling CvPlayer::ApplyWarDamage() should add to both war weariness and war score already.

So why would this be tracked? Does every city get tracked with the war weariness it generates from damage? I mainly want to know because cities heal all the time, so you are often doing 2x the damage that the city has HP, so does it really just cap at the city conquest war weariness?

I mainly want to know because cities heal all the time, so you are often doing 2x the damage that the city has HP, so does it really just cap at the city conquest war weariness?
Capped so you'll never get more than the city's worth of war score/war weariness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom