• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" for every proposal you'd be okay with if it were implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if these proposals weren't implemented. You can vote for any number of options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 7, Proposal 70

Discussion Thread: (7-70) Vassal Unit Tribute at Era Change: Use Highest Tech Tier Units, Not Lowest; No More Recon Units
Proposer: @Stalker0
Sponsor: @Recursive

Proposal Details
Proposal: When you change eras, your vassal each grant you units as a tribute. That unit is often equal to the lowest unit you have in your empire. So if I have machine guns, but I forgot to upgrade a musketman in the corner of my empire somewhere, they can give me a musketman.

the Proposal, that vassal units can only be non-recon units that you can make, rather than the lowest one you currently own.

Rationale: Its just silly to get such old throwaway units just because you forgot to upgrade a few units in the backwater of your civ.

VP Congress: Session 7, Proposal 70a
Discussion Thread: (7-70a) Vassal Unit Tribute - Based on Vassal Tech; Cannot Gift Units Obsoleted for Vassal; Allow Vassal UU and Naval Units
Proposer: @azum4roll
Sponsor: @azum4roll

Proposal Details
Proposal:
Vassal can gift any unit class that the master already has, at equal weight, except:
1. Units that have already obsoleted for both the vassal and the master;
2. Units that have not been researched by the vassal;
3. Units with DefaultUnitAI = UNITAI_EXPLORE, which include Pathfinder, Scout, Explorer, Commando, and Bandeirantes (but does not include Conquistadors);
4. Units that can settle new cities (Conquistador);
5. Policy-unlocked units;
6. Missiles and nukes (planes are allowed);
7. City-State exclusive units;
8. Units that cost strategic resource that the master doesn't have.

In addition, vassal will gift their unique units if their respective unit class is chosen, unless not meeting the above criteria (in which case it falls back to the normal unit).

If no unit can be given (all of the master's units are too advanced for the vassal), vassal randomly picks from all the units it can train, again at equal weight.

Will need to add this to the list of exceptions, if you don't want to see inland ships.
9. Naval units if the master's capital (or specifically, the cities with a VassalLevyEra = 1 building) is not coastal

And to rebut Stalker's claim that "you can STILL GET CRAPPY UNITS!!!" - yes, that's intended. You deserve it for letting your vassal stay behind in tech.

Last edited:
Not taxing them, defending their lands (so they lose fewer units), helping them conquer cities... There are many things you can do to indirectly help them grow, through wasting less of their resources.

Not taxing them, defending their lands (so they lose fewer units), helping them conquer cities... There are many things you can do to indirectly help them grow, through wasting less of their resources.
and you think that will get them back to tech parity with me so that the units they give me I don't immediately put in the trash can? Negatory.

and you think that will get them back to tech parity with me so that the units they give me I don't immediately put in the trash can? Negatory.
Or you can always upgrade your own units to exclude them from the pool. But your vassals shouldn't be more than one era behind you anyway. Your super old units that you won't upgrade won't be affected.

That's how it currently works? Not planning to completely overhaul the mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom