[DLL] (7-NS) Unit upgrades lose/need 50% of max HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarcomu

King
Counterproposal to (7-85) Unit upgrades damages unit to 1 HP.

Proposal:
When upgrading a Major Civ Unit (not a CS or barbarian unit), that units current HP is reduced by 50% of its max HP.
A unit also need to have strictly more than 50% of its max HP to upgrade.

Rationale:
Upgrading your units is a powerful effect that gives players with a military science lead a strong ability to dominate their foes right after a big discovery. However, this proposal is not as drastic as Stalker0's proposal.

NOTE :
If (7-98a) Military units consume gold on heal passes, all upgrade costs are halved at base.

At the sponsor's discretion, either :
  • The HP loss is applied before upgrading, to prevent shenanigans where units at the 50% limit get destroyed due to them upgrading to a higher HP units, losing more HP than intended is the process.
  • The resulting HP is capped at 1 minimum

EDIT : added the "HP before upgrade" part, following @azum4roll's concern
EDIT : added possibility for the sponsor to choose to cap minimum HP to 1, if it is easier to code or whatever else reason.

Last edited:
I can already see the problem of upgrading a 56HP Tercio into Fusilier and have it immediately die.

I can already see the problem of upgrading a 56HP Tercio into Fusilier and have it immediately die.
Are you speaking about immediate death on upgrade, a shenanigans due to different max HP ? If so, the HP should be removed before the upgrade take place.

Different max HP, yes.

Or just hard limit the final HP to 1.
Either way, up to the sponsor to decide what is easier to implement. If you come to such a case, I'd argue that you are close enough to 50% HP when you upgrade, that you end close to or at 1HP either way ; this is detail enough that I don't mind either way of implementing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom