A Civ 4 BTS Addict

HannibalBarka

We are Free
I am a Civ4 addict. I usually play mods: lately I played Realism Invectus, RoM, HoTK etc.
I've been playing Civ for 20 years and tried all versions and extentions, but I never played Colonization.
Do you think I should try this version of Col? should I wait for the next (any one coming very soon)? Any extention? Is there any version playable on IPad?
Thanks for your help.

Do you think I should try this version of Col ?

I have never really played Civ4 (BTS) anymore, since I started playing Civ4:Colonization (with mods of course).

But it is a matter of taste. :dunno:
Just give it a try and decide for yourself.

Do you think I should try this version of Col? should I wait for the next (any one coming very soon)? Any extention ?

There is no next officiall version of Colonization in sight and there are no official expansions.
(There is only the Path 1.01f which fixes some issues.)

But you should really play with one of the big mods. :thumbsup:

I have never really played Civ4 (BTS) anymore, since I started playing Civ4:Colonization (with mods of course).

But it is a matter of taste. :dunno:
Just give it a try and decide for yourself.

There is no next officiall version of Colonization in sight and there are no official expansions.
(There is only the Path 1.01f which fixes some issues.)

But you should really play with one of the big mods. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your prompt answer :)
Is it a little bit "easier"? My 8 years old son start playing civ (!!!!), but Civ 4 is just too complicated, is this easier? please don't take this as an attack againt Colonisation :D
among the good big mods, the one in your sig is the first I should try?
should I go vanilla first (with the only patch) or should I go Mods from the start ?

Is it a little bit "easier"?

I would not say so.
It is simply different.

among the good big mods, the one in your sig is the first I should try?

Well, I am not really neutral in that aspect. ;)

Religion and Revolution (RaR) is the largest mod that currently exists for Civ4Col.
But it might be a little bit too much for Civ4Col beginners.

You could also try The Authentic Colonization (TAC) for a start, since it is less complex.
(TAC is the base that RaR was developed on.)

But there are also many other interesting mods and total conversions like Colonization: 2071 and Medieval Conquest out there.

should I go vanilla first (with the only patch) or should I go Mods from the start ?

It is again a matter of taste. :dunno:

In my opinion the mods make the game significantly better though.
I would personally never play Civ4:Colonization without a mod.

-------

All the mods are for free, so simply get the ones that sound interesting to you and give them a try.
You will probably find out yourself quite fast, which you like. :thumbsup:

Thank you guys. I am going to buy today, than play vanilla, TAC than RaR
Sounds like a new addiction. :mischief:
Spoiler :

...welcome to the Civ4Col family! :D

I use to switch between both games, played a lot of BTS and Colonization. For me, it depends on my mood which one I play, as these games are similar - but in the same way also quite different. And like Ray, I heavily suggest you to play Civ:Col with TAC and RaR mods :)

Top Bottom