A Civ of Ice and Fire

GenyaArikado

Judge of Love
Lately i've been thinking it'd be fun to brainstorm ASOIAF houses as Civs for Civ6. Maybe one day i'll learn modding and might try to get them in, but most likely i won't. Anyway I half-assed a Daenerys/House Targaryen civ and a leader list but whatever. Feel free to add your own ideas

House Targaryen:

Unique Ability - Fire and Blood: House Targaryen cannot found a religion. However killing a unit provides faith equal to 100% of their combat strength and capturing or razing a city provides X faith (depending on game speed) per population. House Targaryen also gains +X diplomatic favor per conquered enemy capital.

Unique District - Dragonpit: Unique district to house Targaryen. Replaces government plaza. Additional to government plaza bonuses, it grants X envoys and tourism equivalent to an ancient era wonder. The city that builds it generates tourism as if a holy city

Unique Unit - Dragon: Early bomber unit unlocked at State Workforce. Must be built at a city with a Dragonpit Unique District and their number is limited per district tier. May be redeployed at any city. They suffer no damage penalty against units but unlike later air units, they may be damaged by ancient/medieval/renaissance walls increasingly. They must be bought with faith

Leaders:

Daenerys Targaryen - Capital City: Mereen

Unique ability - Mother of Dragons:
May sacrifice Great General units to instantly obtain a dragon unit, free of the Dragonpit limit. -X loyalty in all her cities
Unique Unit - Dothraki Screamer: Replaces knights. Dothraki screamers have slightly lower combat strenght to knights, however as long as they are in a terrain without hill, forest, jungle or marsh features, they may attack twice per turn: one ranged attack and afterwards, one melee attack.
Unique Unit - Unsullied: Replaces pikemen. Gains bonus combat strenght when adjacent to at least other pikemen. Does not lose combat penalties when injured. +1 movement.
Agenda - Breaker of Chains: Likes civs who keep their citizens happy and have different governments. Dislikes civilizations civilizations with the same government

Alternate Leader: (f)Aegon Targaryen.
-------------------------------

Other Civs/Leaders i haven't bothered to brainstorm

Stark: Ned, Robb, Catelyn, Jon Snow, Sansa
Arryn: Lysa, Sansa
Tully: Edmure, Catelyn
Lannister: Tywin, Tyrion, Cersei, Joffrey
Baratheon: Robert, Renly, Stannis
Tyrell: Mace, Olenna
Martell: Doran, Arianne
Greyjoy: Euron, Yara
Night's Watch: Jon Snow
Three Eyed Raven: Bran

I'll try to tackle Dorne: (Disclaimer: This is based off of book Dorne, not the show, where they didn't give them the justice they deserve)

House Martell:
UA: Dornishmen- Gain a culture in every city the first time you found a city adjacent to a river tile, mountain tile, coast, or on a desert tile for a maximum of four culture. Settling on a desert tile gives housing bonus if you settled on a river.
UU: Sand Steed- Replaces Horseman- Faster than horsemen counterparts and stronger. Pillaging does not end it's movement.
UI: Water Gardens- Must be built on a desert tile or tile adjacent to the coast. Provides housing, food, culture and appeal to surrounding tiles.

Leader: Doran Martell- Capital City: Sunspear
LA: The Master Plan- Sending a delegation does not cost gold. May gain extra influence points per turn for establishing units in a city-state or friendly/allied Civ. Grants the Sand Snake UU.
UU: Sand Snake- Replaces the Skirmisher- When in the borders of a city they may gain information as if they were established as a spy even if allied. Enemy units damaged by them lose health per turn.
Agenda: Cyvasse Player- Likes civilizations that gain information and lots of influence. Dislikes civilizations that don't.

As for city-states here are some ideas I have had:
(Trade) Braavos: May spend gold to hire a Faceless Man.
(Culture) Volantis: Culture for every different kind of improvement you build.
(Science) Oldtown: Gain science every time one of your traders enter a harbor district with a lighthouse.
(Faith) Kings Landing: Gain extra influence points when converting or conquering another city.
(Industrial) The Twins: Units may cross rivers without penalty to movement or combat.
(Military) Dreadfort: Enemy units with damage cannot promote and heal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom