A couple questions...

qaplawjw

Chieftain
I've read about the line of religion techs in the manual (beginning with Ancient Chants...) and they're still in the civilopedia, but they're not on the tech-screen in my game. At all. I've started games as the Sidhe, Bannor, and Scions...Nothing. Were these units/buildings/almost all the Altars moved to other buildings?

Also, this might be clearer if I played further (but I'm a bit ADD, and always want to try playing as whoever my opponents are): The guild techs that I pick one in the beginning of the game, are they one-time choices? Will I ever get a choice to add a second one, or do I have to choose practically before starting the game, between Esus, Copper/Gold/Silver, fur/deer/Ranger stuff, Arcane stuff, and Religion stuff? How often do those choices come up/are they events, or what?

Finally, are all the religion techs supposed to be unresearchable? Even the initial ones, when I'm not Agnostic? I was able to get a religion by picking the Priest Chapter at the start of the game, but that blocked off some other pretty good stuff, for I-don't-know how long.

Hi, welcome!

To adopt a Guild:
You need to research a tech that has "One guild spread" in its description. It is usually an economy tech (Barter, Currency, Trade, Guilds) and another two at construction line of tech (Crafting and Construction, iirc).

To advance a Guild:
You need to acquire a certain amount of empire culture, through culture per turn income or through a Great Bard "Tale of Legend" ability. If you have a unit with Bard class, you will get empire culture each time it wins a battle (consider this as the Bard compose a song praising his battle).
Popping culture or gaining culture in any other ways won't give you empire culture.
If your empire culture has reached the necessary amount, there will be icons on your main screen, at the left part.

To get a religion:
Research a guild-opening tech, then choose Priest Chapter.

To get a religion Sacred Knowledge:
You have to have a state religion.
Half of your faith income will be accumulated and after a certain amount, you will automatically gain a Sacred Knowledge.

Top Bottom