A good start

dalgo

Emperor
I checked the Europe screen at the start and there was a scout in the immigration queue so I turned round and went back to get him. He cost me my starting 100 gold. I looked at the prices. Tools 1/2, guns 3/6, horses 1/2. Hmmm. I disembarked my pioneer and soldier, sold the tools for 50, the guns for 150 and equipped both with horses. And I was Dutch. So I arrived in the New World on turn 5 with 3 scouts aboard my merchantman.

What a great start.

I checked the Europe screen at the start and there was a scout in the immigration queue so I turned round and went back to get him. He cost me my starting 100 gold. I looked at the prices. Tools 1/2, guns 3/6, horses 1/2. Hmmm. I disembarked my pioneer and soldier, sold the tools for 50, the guns for 150 and equipped both with horses. And I was Dutch. So I arrived in the New World on turn 5 with 3 scouts aboard my merchantman.

What a great start.

Yes, this game is fantastic in this matter, it's start is so open, far more open than that of civ iv.
Once I set a settlement quickly enough to reach a neighboring indian village, with my caravel, and sold my 50 muskets for some 900 bucks around turn 5 as well. Went right to Europe with some nice cash.

How were you able to equip the scouts if you didn't have a settlement, for that matter get the guns and tools off the starting colonists? Can this be done on the docks or aboard ship?

I have to say, that is an outstanding start!

How were you able to equip the scouts if you didn't have a settlement, for that matter get the guns and tools off the starting colonists? Can this be done on the docks or aboard ship?

I have to say, that is an outstanding start!

Yes you can do it on the dock, just double click your colonist.

Top Bottom