A mod questions

T.C.Douglas

Medicare
I forgot to enable a mod in a game I currently started. Things are going well and I really am inclined on finishing it. I found out one mod that I wanted was not enabled. I have it enabled right now and every time I start up my saved game it says something about "Direct X 11 Error for Civilization V". It seems I can't run the mod in the saved game cause I already started it. I don't want to restart a game, so I was wondering if there is a way I can corporate this mod into my saved game.

Well if I disable the mod, it will load. If I have it enabled it crashes the game. It's because I didn't start the game with this mod, and I want to find a way I can incorporate it in the saved game I have. It's just a simple mod that allows all ships to pass through impassible ice. Even if I have to do it manually, I will.

I forgot to enable a mod in a game I currently started. Things are going well and I really am inclined on finishing it. I found out one mod that I wanted was not enabled. I have it enabled right now and every time I start up my saved game it says something about "Direct X 11 Error for Civilization V". It seems I can't run the mod in the saved game cause I already started it. I don't want to restart a game, so I was wondering if there is a way I can corporate this mod into my saved game.

Some mods are set to affect savegames and civ5 may crash if you try to load a savegame that wasn't made with it.

That doesn't mean that the mod will always break your game, but I wouldn't advise to change/activate mods in the middle of a games, as it can have unexpected effects that may causes crashes some turns later.

If you want to do it anyway, follow the instruction belows to try force the mod loading with that save:

With a text editor (like notepad) open the .modinfo file that is in the folder of the mod you want to activate (for example for R.E.D Modpack it would be "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. Modpack (v 11)\R.E.D. Modpack (v 11).modinfo")

Find the line

Code:
<AffectsSavedGames>1</AffectsSavedGames>
and replace it with
Code:
<AffectsSavedGames>0</AffectsSavedGames>

Save your change, then launch civ5, activate the mod, load the save.

The save loads fine now, thank you. I have my autosaves on every round anyways so I won't lose track in case if it does crash.

Top Bottom