About Gunboat Diplomacy

myclan

King
What is the farthest distant of my units to make the CS afraid? Previously someone said it was 5, but I found that I had no units surrouding a CS in 5 hexes, the CS was still impressed by my army.

You get modifiers for your overall army strength and for units close to the city state. Location of yunits doesn't influence the 1st factor but I do not know how close you must move your troops in to get the 2nd modifier.

in my experience it's about 13 tiles. although I'd like to have confirmation that units have to be close together to have an impact.
in my last game, I have units garrisoned in 5 cities around a CS, within 13 tiles, but gunboat didn't kick in; yet once I tele'd them to one city it kicks in.

I managed to intimidate a CS with gunboat diplomacy that was 30 tiles away from my empire and I had no army near it. The CS also had no ally and as soon as Indonesia became its ally, it was no longer intimidated by me.

Attachments

• Epic gunboat diplomacy.jpg
    Epic gunboat diplomacy.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 139
I think in the TSG71 after action thread pro's have been talking about it being 8 tiles (now).

I have tested a few times and it proved 8 tiles is enough, thanks! What if I don't have Gunboat Diplomacy, still 8 or 5?

I managed to intimidate a CS with gunboat diplomacy that was 30 tiles away from my empire and I had no army near it. The CS also had no ally and as soon as Indonesia became its ally, it was no longer intimidated by me.

I think the reason is no one plege to protect this CS, so you don‘t need any unit around it to make it afraid.

Top Bottom