Adding a new MapImage to a custom Civ

danielisamazing

Chieftain
so I made a custom Civ and added a .dds map image for my new civ, yet when I go to game set up, it said it could not load the image.

and yes VFS is set to true.

any help would be appreciated

I would say check everywhere to make sure the spelling is the same - I've had lots of cases where I made a typo somewhere and fixing it got the image to show up.

If that fails, you might need to compress the image a bit when saving it as a .dds file - I know GIMP can do this, not sure about anything else

nice, it's working now.
I added an alpha layer and compressed it as BC2/DXT3. I'm not sure which one solved it, but thanks guys :love:

nice, it's working now.
I added an alpha layer and compressed it as BC2/DXT3. I'm not sure which one solved it, but thanks guys :love:

It was the alpha layer. Compression is useful but not necessary. When I started modding I had no clue I needed an alpha layer for all the images and spent hours wondering why they didn't work. :)

It was the alpha layer. Compression is useful but not necessary. When I started modding I had no clue I needed an alpha layer for all the images and spent hours wondering why they didn't work. :)

That's odd, as I was thinking exactly the opposite but didn't want to say ;). I don't put on an alpha layer, but it doesn't work unless I compress it in that manner. Maybe you have to do one or the other?

Top Bottom