Adding more AI in multiplayer games.

Elvin

Chieftain
Hello. I have a simple question. How do you add more AI into multiplayer games in BNW? There is an option to do that in a single player game but when we play MP we can't find such an option.

1) Start MP game
2) Once at staging room click AI as I've shown

Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly.

What I meant was "How do you increase AI numbers over the official limit"

Let's say I play standard map which is meant to be 8 players. Let's say I want to increase the player cap to 12 but that just isn't possible or I don't see it. (You can do this in singleplayer though).

Sure you can.
Open the file C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\Civ5Worlds.xml
and in line 121 change <DefaultPlayers>8</DefaultPlayers> to <DefaultPlayers>12</DefaultPlayers>.
Start Civ and you can play MP with standard world and 12 players. Of course you can still easily delete/close players if you want to play with less than 12. And if you want to go back to the original settings, just change the 12 into 8 again. Easy as that.

Sure you can.
Open the file C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\Civ5Worlds.xml
and in line 121 change <DefaultPlayers>8</DefaultPlayers> to <DefaultPlayers>12</DefaultPlayers>.
Start Civ and you can play MP with standard world and 12 players. Of course you can still easily delete/close players if you want to play with less than 12. And if you want to go back to the original settings, just change the 12 into 8 again. Easy as that.

With the caveat that you can break the civ spacing system if you chose to many civs for the size of map you are choosing.

CS

Indeed. I usually use the 'low sealevel' option to create more land mass if I add more than the default number of AI players. Or use less city states.

If you do the above, does only the host have to change the XML file, or do all human players have to change their XML files as well?

Top Bottom