[BTS] Advanced Civ Multiplayer

EJM1

Chieftain
Hi, just found this mod this week, current version 1.09, really like the changes, especially to AI, seems more nuanced than K-Mod's, which was already very good. The one issue I've been having is when trying to play a multiplayer game, it always go out of sync eventually, 150-300 turns in. We've tried a number of setups, standard and large maps (some totestra and some perfectmongoose), 3-5 human players, random events on and off. Worse case, I can go back to K-Mod for multiplayer and Advanced Civ for single player, but I just thought I'd check if there might be a workaround or maybe a mod based on Advanced Civ that resolves these issues? Thanks

Thanks Keldath. Actually finally tried AdvCiv 1.08 with some volunteers this afternoon, but we hit an OOS issue again, so I'll have a look.

@EJM1: I had hoped that my limited multiplayer testing sufficed to at least catch the kind of OOS bugs that come up sooner or later in long games. Maybe not, though some players seem to have been able to play without major disruptions, so it might be that some particular setting or even playing habit is responsible. Either way, I'd really have to debug this using a savegame from which the issue is somewhat reliably reproducible. "User last seen Nov 19" – that's understandable. Well, in the unlikely event that you'll be back and still have a suitable savegame: I'd like to take a look.

Edit: Alternatively, more specific settings might also help. Are there also AI civs in the game, or only humans? (Hm. Since you've praised the AI, I suppose there should be AI civs too.) I've tried running a game with 3 humans, no AI civs, 3x Monarch difficulty, No Random Events, Standard-size PerfectMongoose, everything else on default settings. That worked without a hitch on AI Auto Play for 400 turns. If not a particular setting is responsible, then there might be some human pattern of play that doesn't come up on AI Auto Play; that would likely require a savegame to reproduce. Or it only goes OOS during human turns, direcly in response to some UI interaction; but the bug report rather sounds like it happens in between turns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom