AI conceding cities too easily

Breadbox

Chieftain
Basically I am incredibly perturbed by how easily the AI concedes cities.They will happilly give 2-3 to you even when the chuck of their military was still functioning,heck,I even have the AI concede 2 cities to me even when my expedition forces are getting their asses whooped.

Last game i had african union(with a sizeable,functioning millitary) concede 2 cities even when my expedition force,which comprises of 75% of my military is slowly been beaten back.
After checking via infoaddicts(a mod),my overall military strength is just about 40 to 60% larger than his.

Basicallly i need a way to make the AI not give away their cities like candies on Halloween.
How do i do that?

The most direct version requires DLL access, since you'll be wanting to change the way the AI values cities in deals. However, since Firaxis hasn't released BE's DLL source code yet, so this option is a no-go.

A more indirect method would be to find out a way to make sure the AI will always only consider the current war status. For example, it may be because you took 2 of their cities at the beginning of the war, so the "war damage" part of their projections massively favors capitulation. Look around in GlobalDiplomacyAIDefines.xml, specifically in the "war evaluation", "peace willingness", and "war projection" parts, and see if fiddling with certain values helps achieve the effect you're going for.
The best part about the second method is that because it's XML-only, it should be compatible with DLL mods once those start coming out.

Top Bottom