AI contest

Caanite

Chieftain
Currently using FireTuner I am running an "AI contest" to see which AI is the best. I will update after each game. I use duel, skirmish with global terrain, standard speed and of course firetuner to get me out of the game. I will update results as I get them.

Winner
Alexander (Diplo, turn 403, Game 1)
Ashurbanipal (Time, turn 500, Game 2)
Augustus Caesar (Dom, turn 112, Game 3)
Bismarck (Time, turn 500, Game 4)

Loser
Ahmad al-Mansur (Game 1)
Askia (Game 2)
Attila (Game 3)
Boudicca (Game 4)

Current Game
Game 5
Casimir III vs. Catherine

Feel free to reply with who you think is going to win.

Whoa.. caesar beat attila in 112 turns. On another note, some AIs thrive when there are morr players. Some isolationist/domination inclined AIs are worse when there are more players. In a duel map i will almost definitely expect the aggressive one to win. Bismark next.

Btw what difficulty are u using? The extra happiness of harder difficulty may give expantionist AIs an edge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Whoa.. caesar beat attila in 112 turns. On another note, some AIs thrive when there are morr players. Some isolationist/domination inclined AIs are worse when there are more players. In a duel map i will almost definitely expect the aggressive one to win. Bismark next.

Btw what difficulty are u using? The extra happiness of harder difficulty may give expantionist AIs an edge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I am using prince since that is the only one firetuner can use without the ai either being extremely bad. As in on settler the AI would be very stupid and on deity they'd start without the bonuses therefore doing worse. I was also surprised by Game 3. I just came back from lunch to see ballistae and legions lined up at Attila's court. In one game I was Morrocco and Attila absolutely recked Caesar until I had to step in.

I think there should be more civs per game to test AI's diplomacy skills and ability to deal with multiple enemies.

I think there should be more civs per game to test AI's diplomacy skills and ability to deal with multiple enemies.

This.

Civs like the Zulus would be very strong in a competition like this one, and some civs like Gustavus and Alexander would be nerfed.

I've been without power or internet for about 5 hours so here's an update. (The games are on my laptop)
First of all I agree that I should make the map size bigger. So what I'm going to do is after the duel games, I'm going to make 2 games. One for the Winners, and on for the losers. As well there will be China on both of them since I can't fit them on a duel map.
Second of all I spotted a possible bug on Game 4. Once my laptop loads up I'll post a screenshot. It's a Great Admiral in a city that isn't on a coast (there isn't any bits of lake, coast or ocean on the map).
Thirdly Game 4 finished and it is now Game 5, Casimir III vs. Catherine. Bismarck won a time victory but was close to dom and diplo.

Top Bottom