AI improvements "Brave new world"

I have no mods except for artificial unibtelligent light and falcon ai doplomacy.
What is Falcon AI diplomacy? Can't find a mod with that name. What does it do?

Yesterday I started an Emperor game and it was going well but I rather neglected my military, with Montezuma as closest neighbor. Kind of intentional because the AI seemed very passive to me in my previous (and first completed) game and I thought, if Montezuma does not attack me then nobody will.

Sure enough he built a lot of units and backstabbed me. But I had a few units myself and could kill three of his units. Still he had a lot more and the city he attacked was big and with great terrain and right next to his capital so very valuable for him. He also really needed to expand because he had only one city with almost no unclaimed space left.

Still, after about 4 turns of war he just accepted a peace treaty, I did not even have to pay him anything. Super dumb.

After that I built a few more units and he turned on his other neighbor Portugal and actually took all her cities. So he could have done well in the war if he hadn't agreed to make peace for no reason. There should really be a mod to fix this stupidity?

The mod makes them denounce you less I think. But it doesnt fix your problem. I declared war with another civ on Portugal once. Portugal was on the other side of the map. I met one of her boats once and maybe a scout in the beginning of the game. After about 10 turns in the war, she offered me a peace treaty with one of her cities, eventhough we were not physically at war, as I was doing my thing on the other side of the map peacefully.
So anyway, the AI is still dumb with this mod

With the mod, the AI is less schizophrenic pre modern times.

Here’s a link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/falcon-ai-diplomacy.502562/

AI will go to war (in my experience):
- if u have a weak army (high difficulty)
- if u for instance steal/capture a prophet of one of their allies
- steal land
- betray your ally / broke a friendship
- have different ideology

A friend backstabbing you for no reason hasnt happened to me yet. They always have a good reason to denounce or declare war on you.

But again, their stupidity hasnt changed. They will still try to attack your coastal city with 15 submarines, and build subs to put them in a lake no one has acces to but them. Or try to attack your non coastal city with 7 privateers... Or give you free cities for no reason

Last edited:
Top Bottom