AI Survival

DisposableHero

Chieftain
Hello, I've fired up a couple of games now (Play Now, standard map, Noble difficulty) and found that an AI faction tends to be lost within the first dozen or so turns. Looking in WB, it seems that they tend to leave their initial bases undefended more often than not. For instance, in my current game only myself (UN) and the Hive actually have a garrison in their base on Turn 7 - all 5 other factions are either completely undefended or only have a Former. I assume that this is because the garrison units are being pulled on to exploration duty - is this a known issue, and is there any way to fix?

Thanks

You could try playing a slightly higher difficulty. The problem might be that on Noble, the AI doesn't start with any bonus units and sends their only military unit out on exploration.

Generally, the Planetfall AI seems to be less competitive than the BtS one. If you play BtS on Noble, you'll probably do fine on Monarch with Planetfall.

Thanks, I kicked it up to Monarch and that seemed to really help.

A couple of other questions have been raised, if you don't mind.

Have the Interlude texts been included? I didn't seem to trigger any of them.

I got in a war with Gaia's Stepdaughters, and partway through the Cult of Planet spawned, taking their capital, and the two became a team. Now it doesn't seem to be possible to enter into any diplomatic negotiations with them (as in, there's no 'refuses to talk' text but clicking on their names doesn't do anything), and when a third party intervened to force a peace they re declared a turn later. Can anybody explain what's going on? Thanks

I got in a war with Gaia's Stepdaughters, and partway through the Cult of Planet spawned, taking their capital, and the two became a team. Now it doesn't seem to be possible to enter into any diplomatic negotiations with them (as in, there's no 'refuses to talk' text but clicking on their names doesn't do anything), and when a third party intervened to force a peace they re declared a turn later. Can anybody explain what's going on? Thanks

The Cult of Planet is automatically at war with the faction having the worst Planet Value, I suppose that is you in this game.

Ah, that's a real shame. I feel like that's all that's missing from this otherwise really well done mod.

Top Bottom