Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Pretty much all of the recent media is designed around fixing the sequels, since they are unwilling to retcon/rework.
Another reason I still stand by the Prequels being better. :p

Pretty much all of the recent media is designed around fixing the sequels, since they are unwilling to retcon/rework.
I'm now wondering if I've ever known a mainstream franchise so bitterly at war with itself in studio, never mind the fanbase. :scared:

I'm now wondering if I've ever known a mainstream franchise so bitterly at war with itself in studio, never mind the fanbase. :scared:
Star Trek, ish, maybe. The studio strife is kept under wraps for the most part, but occasionally there's an exceptionally bitter quote from a showrunner about executive tampering and intervening that implies an almost Kathleen Kennedy-esque approach. Trekkies are just less obnoxiously loud than Star Wars fans. :lol:

My take on the fandom split with the sequels is that even those who liked them should want a redo. A lack of coherence is a negative no matter what, and the series can only benefit from a plan that knows what it's doing and how. There is so much damage control happening with subsequent shows that it's a pretty heavy chain anchoring the franchise down, and that's simply not good even if you like most of what it's churning out. Having boundaries to create within is fine, but a lot of what's being made has to involve contorting to make things fit. It's an unnecessary obstacle and stifles creativity. It's less "I wonder what happened in between :)" and more "Oh god how do I make this make sense?"

Star Trek, ish, maybe. The studio strife is kept under wraps for the most part, but occasionally there's an exceptionally bitter quote from a showrunner about executive tampering and intervening that implies an almost Kathleen Kennedy-esque approach. Trekkies are just less obnoxiously loud than Star Wars fans. :lol:

My take on the fandom split with the sequels is that even those who liked them should want a redo. A lack of coherence is a negative no matter what, and the series can only benefit from a plan that knows what it's doing and how. There is so much damage control happening with subsequent shows that it's a pretty heavy chain anchoring the franchise down, and that's simply not good even if you like most of what it's churning out. Having boundaries to create within is fine, but a lot of what's being made has to involve contorting to make things fit. It's an unnecessary obstacle and stifles creativity. It's less "I wonder what happened in between :)" and more "Oh god how do I make this make sense?"
From what I had read, Pokemon had gotten that bad for a while, but only in it's Japanese fanbase, so we didn't commonly hear about it here.

Top Bottom