Alternate Universe SG: The Fight for Infamy!

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
I was thinking it would be fun for all interested MTDG players to join forces in a succession game.

My idea is to play the Barbarians scenario from Warlords and see if we can destroy The Locopotamian Empire, PiffleNation, The Hawaiian Kingdom, Innovia and Epsilonian Illuminati.

lol - that sounds like fun.
But it'd have to be in the updated version of Civ4 if I was going to play, as I haven't gone through all the stuff to be able to play on the old version.

I was planning to play it with the latest patched version of Warlords if thats what you mean.

Yeah, that's what I meant. :)

I guess we just need to see if we can get enough people to make it worthwhile.
I've never actually played a succession game before.

The gist of it is that each turn player plays about 10 turns (or some other agreed upon number) and then passes it to the next person to play on the same team, right?

I might be able to swing in for a round or two...but I must warn you, the way I play is a little different... :evil:

I'd like to lurk, it should be interesting (but I don't have Warlords).

I'll start setting it up this weekend then. I'll just use a random map as it is an alternate universe rather than ask Sirian to give me the world map he made for this game and ask all of you to provide details of all your cites and units. I hope thats ok.

Current play order:
General W
Memphis (might be too weird)
DaveShack (all talk)
dutchfire (doesn't even have the game)

Why not ask Sirian? I think that'd make things even more hillarious to have the same map.

What do you mean about details of our units and cities? There's no way you're getting even a drop of info out the hallowed halls of Epsilon Eridani without paying the price in blood, sweat, and steel. :)

I'll ask but The starts will be random and the AI will place all the cities in the typically lame locations with standard city names, so how far do you really want to go with recreating the game?

I'll PM Sirian and see how interested he is in this.

Well, I don't think we need to go too far - I guess I was just thinking that we'd play on the same map, and maybe start the AIs on the proper landmasses... no secrets there.

From there, it can just be random... besides, we don't want to give the AI TOO much of a head-start by putting in all of our brilliant city placements ;)

I've never played more than 10-15 turns in the Barbarian scenario, but I imagine it'll be fairly difficult on a map of this size.

Do we all have enough map knowledge that it wouldn't be spoiler info?

Of course by asking that I'm showing how little I open the save. :mischief:

BTW I launched a barbarian game, didn't see any obvious way to select a map...

hmm - that's a good point Dave...

Maybe we should just go with a random map.

I'm ok either way. Whatever you think 1889! :thumbsup:

No word from Sirian so I went to set it up but I don't see an easy way to change the names of AI leaders or nations. Also I have yet to think of a cool name for our barbarian team.

"The Horde"?

Or perhaps something that strikes fear into the heart of civilized man everywhere?
Like…
"The Spice Girls are making a new album"​
:run:

:)

Top Bottom