jarcast2

Janitor Raccoon
This is yet another small mod I made for personal enjoyment I'm sharing to those interested.

Features:

You can disable the changes for a certain civ if you prefer the original art:
1) go to MODS\Jarcast's Alternative Art for Some Civs for VP (v 1) folder and open "VP_Civs_AltArt.sql" with notepad.
Code:
INSERT INTO COMMUNITY (Type, Value) VALUES
('JAR_CIV_ALT_ART_SCOTLAND', 1),
('JAR_CIV_ALT_ART_AINU', 1),
('JAR_CIV_ALT_ART_CHOLA', 1),
('JAR_CIV_ALT_ART_CAMBODIA', 1),
('JAR_CIV_ALT_ART_LOUISIANA', 1),
('JAR_CIV_ALT_ART_BRITTANY', 1);
2) replace with 0 to disable the art changes.

The changes are only aesthetic, game mechanics are untouched.

DOWNLOAD

Hi Jarcast,

Apart from Brittany, which Hinin has been asking me to rework for years, I thought our work was of good quality :sad:.
Sorry if it offended you, I didn't mean it. 😅
Most changes are just personal nitpicks (like Louisiana leader not looking frontally in the leaderscene).

However, the only one that objectively is not fitting civ aesthetics and is subpar compared to the available alternative is Scotland's leader art (that was the first I changed).

Sorry if it offended you, I didn't mean it. 😅
Most changes are just personal nitpicks (like Louisiana leader not looking frontally in the leaderscene).

However, the only one that objectively is not fitting civ aesthetics and is subpar compared to the available alternative is Scotland's leader art (that was the first I changed).
I can't say that I received it very well given the number of dozens of hours I spent on it :sad: but I will survive :lol:, we are in a free system and everyone should be able to have fun with the design they have favorite.
It's actually quite interesting to compare the choices, I find Shakushain and Beausoleil's versions not great and ours much more successful. For Robert, OK, our choice is less civil like but I spent an infinite number of hours reconstructing the shield, so I see it with the eyes of total success :love:
The advantage of your mod is that it will perhaps allow other people to discover ours :cool:

Last edited:
I'm guessing the Cambodia change is purely for performance. Can't imagine why you would want to downgrade back to the static 2D leaderhead otherwise.

I changed the Chola leader art because the original MC artwork is so period and culturally inaccurate it bugged me.

Top Bottom