Am I the only one?

DaNuke

Warlord
Am I the only one that feels that, when I do something epic in some game, like losing a city, recapturing it, and gaining the war, and a city from trade deals, the citzens would study that in the schools/universities in the game? Like I made history in that day? And call the wars weird names like... The Assyrian-Moroccan war? :lol:

You probably are :)

But it would be a nice idea if universities and war academies actually contained little minds that would allow the AI to learn from past mistakes.

Not at all.

I've always thought it would be cool if the stuff that archaeologists dug up was made more specific, so as to reference events in game.

Also it'd be nice to see leaders referring to events in the past directly. "We have still not forgiven you for the capture of Orleans, one hundred and fifty years ago."

More of a wish list for Civ 6 than something moddable for 5 though

Am I the only one that feels that, when I do something epic in some game, like losing a city, recapturing it, and gaining the war, and a city from trade deals, the citzens would study that in the schools/universities in the game? Like I made history in that day? And call the wars weird names like... The Assyrian-Moroccan war? :lol:

I'm pretty sure a lot of people, my self included, do that. I'm actually gonna write a history book on my next game. :D

I think that most addicted regular players do similar things. I usually play one difficulty step below my skill level to role-play a little. I add flavor to my games with "ambitions", "specialization", "historical friendships", "cold wars", "influence zones" et cetera. All in my head, of course ;)

Oh, yeah, and on a bigger maps, I usually create "armies" ie. groups of troops that engage enemy on a limited front line and are forced to fend for themselves.

In civ 4 I used the marking tool to mark out each of the "fronts" I was fighting on. :) :lol:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

No, i played hundreds of hours, and many times going to bed i imagine living in the world of a savegame. Including learning a different history for every single game (example how foreign powers fought each other over the century and your own people are suspected to have instigated these wars - yeah right :-D ), working in tourism sector showing foreign people from Greece, Maya, Shoshone etc. your own Moai-filled-coasts (cultural victory) and so on....

I do the same thing as well :) I wish GW could be created to commemorate such events, a kind of propaganda

Top Bottom