An Unofficial patch?

LordG

Chieftain
Dear modders of civfanatics;

Been playing CiV BNW, and there are two things which are disliked in general (not just by me)

1. Lack of early game military action.
2. End game Diplo victory/world congress is slightly broken.

I have an idea to try to solve these issues, but I need someone with better knowladge of modding to help to fix them.

Solution to issue 1.
Early warfare was rarely an issue of conquest, but rather an issue of border disputes and raiding. I propose that an new promotion line be developed, called 'Raiders' - raider units would suffer a slight combat penalty, but would be able to enter foreign lands without causing war, just a diplo penalty as long as the raiders are there. Fuurther promotions could grant free pillaging and gold/culture/faith ect. per turn in foreign lands.

I hope that this would encourage the ai to pick fights for the sake of a quick profit, as opposed to 'Oh I need a huge military advantage over my foe in order to conquer a single city'. Essentially creating a system of war for fun and profit.

Solution to issue 2.

CS votes. There needs to be other ways of obtaining them. One that springs to mind is the tribute system; literally threatening CSs to vote in your favour or else. CS allies, would then have to provide further security near the CS to win back their vote. Also if a civ is going to win the diplo victory (or any victory) there needs to be an international effort to prevent their victory, ie. an alliance. For example (from a military pov) when the 'Freedom' nations of USA, GB, France, Poland ect. and the 'Order' nations of USSR and China put aside their differences to defeat the 'Autocracy' nations of Germany and Japan.

I would try to implement these myself, but I'm not very sure of modding yet, and I figure that these ideas of mine should undergo critical analysis and testing, asap.

I also have posted this in the 'Mod component request thread' here

Sorry that Its such a long post.

If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to throw them down here.

Top Bottom