Animal spawn

oztricht

Chieftain
Just discovered this mod/modmod and really like it so far, great job.

One thing that bothers me though is the animal spawn timer, it takes REALLY long time for them to appear. I play on marathon and my scouts can basically discover half the map before I see any.

Is it some setting im missing? Got all barbarian settings on default + pirate setting.

Nothing you're missing. It just gives you time to prepare your defenses before the coming onslaught.

Nothing you're missing. It just gives you time to prepare your defenses before the coming onslaught.

Thanks for replies!

Ok, problem is that this means i'm in contact with all other civs before I've built my second city.. I like it better when exploration continues throughout the game, and you don't know all your opponents instantly.

Anyway to change and have animals spawn as in regular FFH2?

when Animals begin to spawn depends a lot on the difficulty setting. Open assets\xml\gameinfo\civ4handicapinfos.xml and reduce BarbarianCreationTurnsElapsed (you can use a normal text editor for this). You need to change it for the difficulty level you use. On Marathon animals begin to spawn after the value of BarbarianCreationTurnsElapsed I think.

when Animals begin to spawn depends a lot on the difficulty setting. Open assets\xml\gameinfo\civ4handicapinfos.xml and reduce BarbarianCreationTurnsElapsed (you can use a normal text editor for this). You need to change it for the difficulty level you use. On Marathon animals begin to spawn after the value of BarbarianCreationTurnsElapsed I think.

Ok, that would be 20 turns on emperor... but I didn't see any until at least turn 50-60 or so...

will try and lower it in my next game.

thanks.

I would think Marathon would be twice the standard value, Epic 3 times, and Quick .5 times.

I believe Epic is quicker than Marathon, so that should be "Epic would be twice the standard value, Marathon 3 times, and Quick .5 times."

Top Bottom