Antiquity sites achievements

Without the cheese (giving your own cities away): Easyist way by far to Losing my Marbles is a combo of completling the Exploration tree and having a big tech lead over the AI that founded (or conquered) the most cities. Can probably be done with standard size map, but easier with a bigger map.

It belongs in a Museum. Huge map and again complete Exploration tree. And you want enough of a tech lead to beat the AI here as well. And monitoring what ruins are available for tree and swapping to city state ones would save significant time.
A possible alternative is being a war mongler and try to capture cities from civs that are going after a going victory and capturing the artificats they've already placed in their museums.

For the Raiders of the Lost Ark, without cheese (playing hot seat as both the Germans & Americans), this may be really difficult if it triggers upon the dig finishing since the moment you get a unit on the tile, the AI will divert it's civilian units to a path that doesn't take it thru the tile.

For the Raiders of the Lost Ark, without cheese (playing hot seat as both the Germans & Americans), this may be really difficult if it triggers upon the dig finishing since the moment you get a unit on the tile, the AI will divert it's civilian units to a path that doesn't take it thru the tile.

The Raiders achievement description is inaccurate. The achievement will trigger as long as you dig up an artifact in Egyptian territory that is within 2 tiles of German territory. The part about been near a German archaeologist is unnecessary.

Easy way to get it is build two cities near an Antiquity Site, gift one to Egypt and gift the other to Germany. Dig up the artifact and scratch one more achievement off the list.

I just played a game with like 25 city-states, and there were not 10 artifacts to be found within the territory of the CS's.
I'm currently playing a game with _41_ City States. (I always play HUGE worlds.) As far as I can ascertain, TWO had dig sites within their borders. (Both of which were on the _other_ side of the world, of course.)

The dig sites don't have to be within their borders to be from them necessarily. It just has to be 10 from a CS, not from their territory. Dig up ones close by, or even ones in random arctic regions. You will be surprised.

I finally got "Losing my Marbles". Germany had built a lot of cities and had 2 within German territory and about 5 or 6 just outside. I grabbed the two inside right away. I spent many turns waiting for the German borders to pop. Three sites were in a narrow corridore between two blobs of German Territory. I grabbed the third artifact by settling a city near another near-by site. Gifted the city to German, who promptly raised it. (Gave me a lot of cash for it!). I had two archologists waiting nearby for the last two.

Anybody else been able to get either of these? I cannot.

Losing My Marbles Extract 5 artifacts from the territory of another major civilization

It Belongs in a Museum Have Artifacts from 10 different city-states in museums and wonders of your civilization.

Bleah. I have no idea what happened (I unlocked other achievements during the game) but I had 10 artifacts from 10 different city-states -- no achievement. Ditto on Radio-Free Europe. WTF? :( I did unlock the finish-the-exploration-tree and one other, but ... really was hoping to knock these off in an official manner.

Anyone else have problems with either of these?

I dig up an Antiquity Site where Prague, Buenos Aires and Ur surrounds the area. The result? A Greek artifact. Don't mind that Greece is at the very other side of the blooming map!

You can also get It Belongs in a Museum by trading with AI. You don't have to be the one who excavates the artifacts, you just need to collect artifacts from 10 different CS and have them in your museums.

You can also get It Belongs in a Museum by trading with AI. You don't have to be the one who excavates the artifacts, you just need to collect artifacts from 10 different CS and have them in your museums.

Well then I don't know what the glitch was ... :sad:

Well then I don't know what the glitch was ... :sad:

I think if you trade for them it doesn't trigger until you excavate another site or have some other update to your GW inventory during AI turns. I got it my last game and it didn't trigger until a few turns after I had 10 different CS artifacts - ended up with 12 the turn it popped. Whether the count is wrong or there was a delay, I'm unsure.

I think if you trade for them it doesn't trigger until you excavate another site or have some other update to your GW inventory during AI turns. I got it my last game and it didn't trigger until a few turns after I had 10 different CS artifacts - ended up with 12 the turn it popped. Whether the count is wrong or there was a delay, I'm unsure.

Maybe that's it -- I got it just before game end. No biggie, loaded in the achievements from one of the saves people posted.

Number of sites depends on the number of civs, not the size of the map, so 'overpack' a map (i.e. 8 civs on a tiny pangea), and you'll have plenty of sites.

I'm currently playing a game with _41_ City States. (I always play HUGE worlds.) As far as I can ascertain, TWO had dig sites within their borders. (Both of which were on the _other_ side of the world, of course.)

They don't have to be within CS borders, just a CS artifact, so look near the CS if possible (particularly in locations of some of those early barb camps that plague CS's. iirc, barb camps that capture a CS worker almost always generate antiquity sites for that CS later in the game)

Top Bottom