Any completed Gods and Kings games yet?

Tonight 3 attempts on multi-player:

Attempt 1 and attempt 2, didn't get past 1st move.
Attempt 3 got to turn 57 before game froze. :cry:

We had a 4 person, Pang, FFA. I was Maya, playing against Huns, Celts, and Byzantines. Byzantines had huge Tech lead with only two cities - Went full Tradition (might have been liberty?) and Patronage. Lots of Wonders. I took them out with Gatings, riflemen, and cannons. Siege weapons do insane damage to cities.

I then proceeded to take out the Huns, this time with artillery. I had a large lead, so the Celts and I called the game. Byzantine got to modern era. I think we played a little less than 200 turns (180 something?).

We had to reload a couple times because my espinonage, diplomacy, culture, and religion screens wouldn't pop up. A full game/steam restart fixed the issue though.

Game worked great other than that little thing.

"Siege weapons do insane damage to cities."

Ya, I played a quick single player game as the Huns and got a weapons upgrade in a ruin to a battering ram. Took China out on turn 17 (2 battering ram hits, it can take the city), then 2 more city states with the ram before I quit the game and made the level higher.

Tonight 3 attempts on multi-player:

Attempt 1 and attempt 2, didn't get past 1st move.
Attempt 3 got to turn 57 before game froze. :cry:

I've played two full games with no game breaking problems, both 6 players. The major problem was that in the first game, we had to resync on turn two and I literally teleported to a different part of the map from my initial start spot, which was disconcerting to say the least, but I went with it. The game sort of ended in a big stalemate at 6 am during the start of the Modern era so I guess it technically didn't finish. The second one played to the Modern era as well with concessions by everyone after World War I resulted in the balance of power shifting to the Celts (my new favorite civ at the moment - until I try the next civ :)

I've played two full games with no game breaking problems, both 6 players. The major problem was that in the first game, we had to resync on turn two and I literally teleported to a different part of the map from my initial start spot, which was disconcerting to say the least, but I went with it. The game sort of ended in a big stalemate at 6 am during the start of the Modern era so I guess it technically didn't finish. The second one played to the Modern era as well with concessions by everyone after World War I resulted in the balance of power shifting to the Celts (my new favorite civ at the moment - until I try the next civ :)

I like the Celts also, just played them in a game that didn't crash but bugged - I couldn't pick any policies or use diplo screen. So I ended up leaving just before indu age. :cry:

Top Bottom