Any list of high quality mods for BNW?

Autoclave

Warlord
I see a lot of random stuff in steam workshop, and there is just so much of it. I suspect there are good mods and of course terrible. Why whould someone want to play a ... Metal Gear Solid civlization is beyond me..

So, does anybody have a list, a collection of really good mods for Civ, not ridiculous but those that improve BNW without changing it too much?

InfoAddict is a high quality mod. It provides Civ IV style graphs and much, much more. I strongly recommend it.

Some other mods I use, but aren't essential are:

Lake Victoria fix -makes this wonder also a fresh water lake, so that surrounding tiles can benefit.

No Bad Mystic Blade - removes the negative bonuses which the mystic blade might otherwise get. I use this mod in all games - it provides a necessary correction to Indonesia's UU.

Wonder Race - provides a notification if you are competing with an AI civ for construction of a given wonder. It doesn't tell you who is building the wonder, just whether you are winning or losing the race. It helps to prevent unpleasant surprises and to tweak your strategy if a wonder is a "must-have"

Barbarians Unlimited Exp - removes the promotions cap for killing barbarians. It doesn't seem to greatly affect a unit's experience levels since earning promotions become more difficult after the first two. However, it just seems fair that a unit continue to earn credit for its victories.

Yes, I am mod fanatic so I have such list :D

And yeah, all these metal gear/anime/cartoon civilizations are crazy for me, especially considering totally broken immersion of developing historical society of ridiculous anime lolita girls (?)

AWESOME MAPS FOR BNW:
- Play Europe (absolutely great map of europe with true start locations)
- Play Europe Again (larger map, imho even better than first)
- Play the World Extended
- Perfect World updated (beautiful random maps)
- Middle Earth Map Pack
- Ice Meteorite Survival (crazy map with extreme conditions, however I am not sure about compatibility with BNW)

AWESOME CIVILIZATIONS FOR BNW (with good arts and balanced and interesting unique abilities:
- Pretty much all Leugi civs: Muisca, Mapuche, Aymara, Bolivia, Gran Colombia, Ayyubid, Israel, Tuscany, Kilwa, Tibet
- Pretty much all LS AKA Teddyk civs, available in "sets" or in one giant pack on CivFanatics: Haida, Hetmanate, Khmer, Ashanti, Durrani, Nepal, Mali, Phoenicia, Timurids, Olmec, Scotland, Zimbabwe (sometimes worse arts than other modders, but still very cool ideas for civilizations)
- JFD civs: Hungary, Franks, Norway, Prussia, and my favourite Papal States
- Tomatekh civs: Harappa, Mali, Benin, Kievan Rus, Kongo, Garamantes, Sumer, Goths
- Lithuanian Empire

AWESOME WONDERS FOR BNW
- Oh boy, there is LOT OF them and you can basically take all these 4/5 stars wonder mods cuz they are almost always cool :D

CRAZY AMOUNT OF GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS FOR CIV5:
http://www.picknmixmods.com/main/home/home.html

OTHER BEST MODS:
- Info_Addic, famous mod giving lot of interesting and useful statistics
- In Game Editor, editing game in real time
- Ethnic Units, many skins for units, no more white Zulu armies
- Cultural Capitals, it's hard to desribe but personally I think it is really high - quality cool mod
- Emigration, famous and brilliant mod, check subforum
- "Ecology Package" - mods "Wildlife", "Global Warming", "Tree Growth", "Reforesting"
- Corporations economical mod for late game
- More Great Works, to avoid no great works in games with many civs
- Historical Religions
- Slavery Mod
- Health and Plague

All these mods are not total game - changing modpacks but rather many cool fixes and addons ;)

unlimited xp from fighting barbarians is interesting on huge maps with few players and raging barbarians (i never knew units have so many upgrades).

another very interesting experience is with the ironman mod, which offers 2 slower than marathon speeds (use it with no advanced start mod on higher difficulties) - try a deity against 3 ai on huge archipelago...crazy

I enjoy Cultural Capitals, though it may not be for everyone.

The bonuses seem surprisingly well balanced with each other in my experience.

I find Civ is basically unplayable without Putmalk's Civ IV Diplomacy Features mod - it makes the AI slightly less stupid, allows you to ask for help from AIs you DoF, lets you vassalize other Civs, and a whole host of other things.
Regrettably, though, Putmalk's been too busy to update it for the Fall Patch, but here's hoping he'll have free time soon to get it up-and-running again.

I am a big fan of Fall of Rome scenario, and I am looking for a similar scenario mod. Specifically what I like is:
1) Pure warfare, minimal empire management, no science nor diplomacy.
2) Can't build settlers, expand only by conquest
3) Historical reference is a huge plus

Anybody knows a good scenario mod like this?

I am a big fan of Fall of Rome scenario, and I am looking for a similar scenario mod. Specifically what I like is:
1) Pure warfare, minimal empire management, no science nor diplomacy.
2) Can't build settlers, expand only by conquest
3) Historical reference is a huge plus

Anybody knows a good scenario mod like this?

Did you trie US Civil War, 1066 or Samurai Invasion scenarios? ;D

Did you trie US Civil War, 1066 or Samurai Invasion scenarios? ;D

Yes I did lol. I have tried all of the "official" scenario; I am using FoR as example because it's my favourite. Sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough, I am looking for the mods that are not included in the game. (I bought gold+bnw so all of the mentioned scenario are included already)

Top Bottom