Anyone else here trying to keep two terrain types?

citizenalex

Chieftain
I like to categorize my playing as style as the builder/collector. Getting all 30+ resssources and maintaining it is my supreme goal. Aside from waging a sanctify orgy to keep key areas from contamination, I was wondering...

If you are evil with OO and you take over Hyborian lands when the AC is at 25 or lower, will the hell terrain "cleanse" itself as when a good civ captures it? Is there no way, wide-scale AC manipulation included, to keep the delicate balance?

If Neutral players are to be redesigned, it would be nice to have them pine for this sort of thing...

It will cleanse. Its only black/white in spread / reduction of hell (save liberal use of sanctify on your behalf if its spreads) but ! its not instantaneous counter 0 to 100 and vice-versa will last quite some time.
Also you need to be evil and AC 40+ to have hell spread to your lands. AV-civs have it spread regardless of AC and it spreads at 25+ (or 20+?) to unclaimed lands if im not mistaken... (70 or 75 for neutral, never for good civs)

Try lots of Tier 3 arcane-casters with wonder (Spell from Chaos 3-promotion) in their repertoire (on of the random results beeing a 3/3 area around the caster turning to hell terrain including changing the resources i belive...) if the AC is not high enough. The Hell they set is Counter 100 and will take a while to turn back. Might! be easier to do than large-scale sanctifying. (Not sure if you really want any single resource.)

But! another way whould be to have an evil trading partner (vassal or decent relations) at AC 40-75 and spread hell via wonder to him (or just near his border if inside whould cause war... it will spread to him just the same. :p) and then trade for those few hell-resources from them. Then you won't need to utilize micro every so much turns... (he / she will need to have those resources twice though if they are not your vassals. And mind the possibility of them declaring war on you demanding resources if they are...)

If you capture Dis _and_ it is in a good location, the hell counter there will also be near 100. The only Hell terrain resource that I like, if I'm good, is the Sheut stone.

you forgot the nightmare-- +1 to attack/def and some boni on hell terrain iirc

Top Bottom